Chapter 27: Hiccup

Astrid left to get Stormfly. Camicazi helped me into her boat. It was only big enough for a small mast and sail and could me maned by one person.

Camicazi set me down gently with my back to the side of the boat. I sighed and closed my eyes. Freedom.

"My mum knew your dad when they were younger," Camicazi said. "She was heartbroken to find that he'd died." She finished rigging the boat. "I wish I'd known him too. He seemed like a great man."

"He was," I murmured.

"Never knew my dad," Camicazi said. "The Bog-Burglurs are all woman. My dad must've been a fisherman that stumbled upon our shores and my mum and dad fell in love. She might've even gone off with him, but my mum said he died one day when a dragon attacked him. Shame. I really want to know who he was."

I didn't say anything. I knew that feeling well. Before I found my mom, I wondered what I got from her.

"Anyway," Camicazi said. "The Bog-Burglur island is about an hour from here. You should get some sleep."

I was about to protest, but my eyes had already closed and the gentle rocking of the boat helped me off to sleep.

~

The scene if my dad's death played over and over in my mind, exept this time I was alone. Neither my mom nor Astrid was there to comfort me as I cried.

The last time, someone grabbed me by my hair and yanked me up. I yelped and tried to scratch at the hand.

"Where'd ya go, runt?" Said a voice.

Tears flowed down my face from fear, pain and sorrow.

The man turned me towards him. It was none other then Alvin.

"Let me go!"

"Where'd be the fun it that?"

He glanced down at the motionless figure of my dad. "Ah, Stoick's finally gone. No one here to protect you now."

He threw me down to the ground. Suddenly my armor was gone and he kicked me in the ribs. I cried out. "Ready to join your father, runt?"

"He's mine, Alvin," said a voice.

Dagur came over and dragged me up from the ground. "We made a deal."

I tried to escape from Dagur's grasp, but it was no use. His grip was like iron.

"How can a runt like you cause so much trouble.

Dagur dragged me to the shore line. He twisted my head to see Berk burning. "All of your people are dead, Hiccup," Dagur said. "Even the dragons. They can only take so much fire until it burns through them."

"Toothless," I whispered. "Mom, Gobber, Fishlegs, the twins, Snotlout." Then I tought of something. "Astrid..."

"They're all gone Hiccup. Burned to ash."

"No..."

Dagur threw me to the ground and stepped on my back to keep me from escaping. I wanted to wake up from this nightmare, but I couldn't. "They're all dead, Hiccup. Because of you."

~

I woke with a jump. It took me a while to relise that it was all a dream. No, a nightmare.

I looked around. I was in a bedroom of some sort. The bed was comfortable enough. But where was I? I wasn't on Berk, that's for sure.

Someone walked in and I jumped. It was a very old lady. She held up a hand. "I won't hurt you. I'm here to help."

"S-sorry," I said, my voice like gravel.

The lady walked over to me and gently pushed my back down. "Stay calm. Your anxiety levels are already high. You didn't sleep very well either. You where rolling around an awful lot."

I could feel my exaustion as she said it.

"We've given you some herbs to dampen the pain, but I'm just going to warn you now, you will be experiencing pain none the less. Just, stay calm and everything will go a lot smoother. Okay?"

I nodded. "Are you going to fix up my back?" I already knew the answer.

The lady nodded. "It needs to be stitched up before it gets infected."

I inwardly groaned. I've heard the cries of people getting stitched. But I knew it saved lives. Besides, laying on my back stung enough.

She handed me a cloth. "You can bite down on this if you need to."

I nodded and took it. She carefully rolled me onto my back. I could almost feel the needle point on my skin and she hadn't even threaded it yet. She pulled my shirt over my head. Good thing. If I could see what she was doing, I'd probably start freaking out and try to get away. I took a deep breath, stuffed the cloth into my mouth and waited for the lady to stsrt stitching me up.

A/N

Ahh!
I know you all want like a really cool, super long chapter with a lot of action and stuff, but I'm kinda suffering with writer's block right now
Plus I'm working on some other stories and fan fics that are incresing in popularity!
For all y'all who have stuck with me, thank you!
Even through all my faults and kinda boring chapters, you jist wanna see how it ends!

I know, I know, I've kinda forgotten about Dagur. Well, he may or may not have a bigger role later...

Anywho, y'all are awsome sauce for just being...well, you!

Thanks so much for suffering through the long waits, crappy jokes and nerdiness of me! Hopefully new chapters will come sooner rather then later!