Chapter 26: Astrid

Assasin?

For Dagur?

No matter how temping it sounded, it was no. There had to be a trick behind it. Why would Alvin want to kill Dagur anyway?

I was sitting in that cell for a while. Alvin really did give me time to think about it. The whole time I was trying to escape, even with my wounded back. I tried to keep Hiccup in mind as I worked at the lock. He'd gone through so much. I needed to help him.

The one time I did get the door open, the guards were ready. They grabbed the small peice of metal out of my hands and pushed me onto my back. I groaned in pain and heard my cell door slam shut again.

I'm pretty sure it was night now. The muffled yells from whatever Alvin was doing to Hiccup had faded and everything was silent. I leaned against the wall for a second before I remembered the open flesh on my back from the pain that laced up it. I sighed and hugged my knees. I hoped Hiccup was okay. The jail's pretty for away from where Hiccup was and I could hear his yells in here.

I rested my head against the ground and kept my back off the wall. It wasn't until I heard muffled grunts from the guards that I sat up. What's going on?

"Hiccup's lover? Are you here?"

It was a female voice. Hiccup's lover. I scooted closer to the bars. She sounded young.

"I'm saving you."

"How can I trust you?" I asked.

The quiet footsteps stopped. "Because I've already saved your fiance."

"What proof do you have?" I asked.

The footsteps started again. "Well, his name is Hiccup, he's chief of the tribe of the Hariy Hooligans on the island of Berk, your his fiance. He pretty weak right now. Alvin gave him quite a beat down for not telling him secrets. He was wearing a ripped up, bloody green shirt and brown pants. He's missing half of his left leg, which is replaced with a complex looking protetic. His eyes are green, his hair is brown and matted. He was chained to a post and half dead. He refused to leave without you."

She could just know this by seeing him, I thought. "Who are you anyways?"

A girl with wild blond hair came up to my cell. She had a strange looking object in her hand. "I'm Camicazi, heir of the Bog-Burglurs. My mother is Big-Boobed Bertha, who is the cheif of the tribe and has been looking to become allies with the peaceful tribes for years. Who are you?"

"I'm Astrid Hofferson," I said.

Camicazi jammed the object in the keyhole. There was a click and the door opened. I blinked. Was she really helping me? What if this was a trick. She held out a gloved hand to me with a smile. "Come on, Astrid. The love of your life can barely even hold himself up. We need to get him to our island to save him."

I hesitated slightly, then took her hand. She pulled me up. For such a small girl, she was pretty strong. I spotted her belt which had a bunch of swords hanging off it. "I've gotta say, you impress me." I pointed to her belt.

Camicazi shruggd. "Buglury is one of my main talents. Like escaping and sneeking around."

I nodded.

"Now come on," Camicazi said. "If we hurry, we'll be able to make it out of here before morning."

"Moning?" I asked. "But its like ten."

"Let's just say that Hiccup will have difficulty making his way down to the boats."

"What did Alvin do to him anyways?"

Camicazi shrugged. "I found him like he is."

Oh man.

~

"Hiccup?!"

He was holding his head. He looked awful sitting there. One of his eyes was swollen badly, his lip was bleeding. He looked like he was run over by a herd or stammeding yaks. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms lightly around him, giving him a kissed. He kissed me back lightly.

"A-are you...okay?" He asked me.

The question made me smile. No matter how bad he was, if I got hurt, he always worried about me first. "I'm fine. Not sure if I can say the same about you."

Hiccup smiled slightly and winced. "I'll admit, I've seen better days. But I've been worse."

I grabbed his forearm and pulled him to his feet. He swayed slightly, but stayed up. I waved Camicazi over. He went to one side of Hiccup and I went to the other. He half dragged, half carried Hiccup down to the shore. Camicazi was right. This would take a while.

~

It took a little over an hour and a half to get Hiccup down. Whenever we touched an open wound or bruise, he would wince or even yelp. We all where pretty much covered in sweat when we got all the way down.

A thought suddenly occured to me. "Hiccup, what about your flight suit?"

Hiccup shook his head. "I'll make a new one."

I crossed my arms. "It'll be fine. I'll run up there really quick and grab it. No one will notice me."

Hiccup shook his head firmly. "No. Its too much of a risk!"

I sighed. "Fine."

"Where's Stormfly?" Hiccup asked.

"Just in that cave."

Hiccup nodded. "Okay. Astrid, could you go back to Berk and tell them where I am? Also warn them that Outcast ships might come. And please, don't you dare think about my flight suit."

"I won't," I said. "I promise."

Hiccup let out a small breath. "Okay. Thanks Astrid."

"Of course," I said, uncrossing my fingers from behind my back.

~theshipper101~
Just wondering
Do other httyd book fans think of Camicazi with a British accent?
Just wondering
Because I do