Chapter 14

You laid staring up at the ceiling, you were wearing an oxygen mask, which meant you couldn't cover your face with your own.

The door went, flicking your eyes that way, you watched the chief come in and looked away.

"That was a reckless move." He spoke.

You didn't reply to him, but listened as he sat at the side of your bed.

"You could've gotten Leon, you should've taken the chance."

"My mission was clear..." you rasped out, "protect the children..."

"Then why did you let him go?"

You didn't reply at first. Why did you let him go? You could've easily left the heroes to die at the hands of the Nomu's, it wasn't hard.

"Because the students need their teachers..."

"But you had a chance to end this all right now, isn't that what you've been trying to do? Why play the hero now?"

"Without... their teachers... I would... fail my mission... to protect them..."

The chief gave a hum and stood up, clasping his hands behind his back he looked down at you.

"This doesn't change a single thing, you are still a criminal reaper."

"I.. know."

He nodded and left the room. You stayed there, glaring up at the ceiling above you.

Damn it, why didn't you just go for Leon? You could've ended this all right now. Were you scared? No, that wasn't it. You weren't scared of him or facing punishment.

While you were pondering, there was a soft knock on your door and it opened again before quietly closing.

"I'm glad you're okay."

You tensed, balling your hands under the quilt, you flicked your eyes to him. Toshinori held one hand over his eyes and used his other to navigate around the room.

"I respect you cover your face for a reason, I'll wait for you to cover yourself." He said.

You sighed and turned your head away from him.

"It's... fine..."

What did you have to hide now? He'd already seen your monstrous quirk, there was no point hiding your face from the name anymore.

Toshinori slowly let his hand fall from his face, he tried everything not to look at you, but curiosity got the better of him. His eyes drifted off to your form as he walked over to sit down.

You had pale skin, your arms were covered in bandages, and there was bandages leading up to your neck. Your (H/C) still had some blood in.

His eyes lingered on your face however, dull, tired looking eyes, one was (E/C) the other was red. There was a thin scar across your nose, but a huge one on your right cheek. Almost like a burn.

"It's not pretty... is it..." you mumbled.

Toshinori gave you a small smile.

"We all have our scars you know."

You scoffed, turning your head away from him so he wasn't able to see it any more. It was silent for a few moments, he didn't know what to say and at first you didn't say anything.

"Why are you here...?"

"I was worried about you. I've been trying to see you for a couple of days but they wouldn't let me by."

You didn't reply, you simply stared straight up.

"I want to thank you for everything you did at the beach. You could've gone after the leader, but you stayed. More importantly not only did you save the students, but you saved both myself and Aizawa. So, for that I wish to offer you my thanks."

Toshinori bowed his head slightly, you turned to face him a little before going back to looking up.

"Truth be told... I don't know why I saved you.."

Toshinori lifted his gaze back to you, furrowing his brows a little in confusion.

"I don't know why I didn't go after Leon... I could've ended it all right there... but I didn't..."

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm really glad and thankful you chose us."

You glanced over to see Toshinori smiling, his smile was bright, despite the sickly state he was in.

Looking away, you took a deep breath, and groaned in pain a tiny bit as you tried to sit up.

Toshinori went to help but quickly stopped, looking around, he found some gloves, pulling them on, he ran over and helped you sit up.

"You shouldn't touch me..."

"I've heard about it, it's why I've got gloves."

As if to prove his point he wiggles his fingers before helping you sit over the edge of the bed.

You reached up and pulled the oxygen mask off, and took a few raspy breaths.

"You should be scared..."

"Why? You take all the measures to make sure you don't hurt anyone."

You just softly sighed, and looked down at your feet.

"Mr Toshinori! You shouldn't be that close to her!" A nurse yelled running in.

Before he could say anything he was being dragged away and you were being pushed back onto the bed