Chapter 21

You took on one half while chain took the other, it was easy work, knocking them all clean out, you watched as chain tied them up on the floor.

"How Long do you think it'll take for them to get here?"

"About 30 minutes I think."

You hummed and nodded your head, twirling your swords in your hands, you rolled your shoulders as you sighed.

"You take left I take right." You said.

"Got it. Stay safe."

"You too."

Turning your back to him, you walked down the dim hallway, it was quiet. Too quiet for your liking.

Every room you passed was empty, you made your way around a corner and found two members stood by a large door.

"Reaper, he's been waiting."

The doors were pushed open, and the two held their arms out as if trying to invite you in.

You narrowed your eyes and walked forward, standing between them, you glanced between the pair who refused to meet your gaze.

"It's rude to keep your host waiting."

You growled and stalked into the room, the doors slammed shut behind you.

The only light in the room was the large chandelier in the middle, leaving the edges of the room in darkness.

Leon was stood in the middle, his hands clasped behind his back as he wore an insane grin on his face.

"What brings you to my home?" He asked happily.

"I'm going to end this madness."

"What madness? Me? Or you?" He snickered.

You growled, setting your swords against the wall, you pulled your gloves off and threw them to the floor, along with your coat.

Pulling down your hood, you flicked your mask off and picked the swords up once more.

"Both of us."

"What makes you think you could win this time?"

You grinned, cracking your neck as you stared him in the eyes. The atmosphere grew tense, and you could see him crumbling under the sheer intensity of your gaze.

"I've got nothing to lose."

"Oh how pitiful. The sob story we all here about."

"Yours is the same, it's why you're going to fight me, correct?"

Leon shrugged his blazer off and tossed t aside, rolling his sleeves up he laughed madly.

"Of course it is! Oh I can't wait for this!"

Leon lunged first, gold flames licking the air above you head as you rolled under him, bringing your words inwards like a cross, you cut the fabric of his shirt, leaving a hole in the middle of it.

"Oh they are lethal, that's no fair."

"Then let's make this fair."

You tossed one across the room, and held the other in front of you, blade gleaming in the light.

You swung it, watching him duck, you swept his feet from under him, stabbing the ground, he rolled and threw a fireball at you which singed the end of you hoodie.

You quickly stripped the flaming clothing off, and stood now in just a vest shirt.

"So pretty." He winked.

You growled, and slashed again, this time upwards. You let go of the handle and placed your hands on the floor, bringing your body into a handstand, your leg cane into contact with his chest, making him fly through the double doors.

Holding your hand out, your sword returned as you followed him out.

"How about we take this outside? More freedom!"

He ran and you charged after him, skidding through the underground base, you ran outside, stopping at the door you looked around.

Suddenly you felt something beside you, the air around you lit up and you dropped your body to the ground.

A boot connected with your face, making your head snap backwards.

Rolling from under him, you dragged your sword across his leg, opening up a deep gash as you jumped back.

Blood looked down your face, dripping onto the floor.

Wiping it with your shirt, you felt the wound close itself wishing seconds, but the red still stained your skin.

You ran once more, meeting him halfway, you tossed your sword aside, you ducked under his flaming fist, grabbing his clothes arm, you used your other hand to grab his shirt and throw him over your shoulder.

Placing a knee on his chest, you brought your hand to his face. But before you could touch him, his whole body was set aflame, making you jump off before you could get burnt.

Standing a few metres away, you watched as he stood up, his shirt burnt away, he wore a mad smile as he ran a hand through his hair.

"It's going to take more than that." He taunted.

"All I have to do is touch you, it's simple enough."

"Sure, sure, but you can't use your shadows, can you? Because if you do it'll kill you again." He snickered.

"You've got no proof." You growled.

"You should use them, you'd beat me instantly that way. Or maybe you enjoy a game of tag? The adrenaline of not knowing who will win as who will lose. Maybe you want to make me suffer. But if one things for sure, this is extremely fun!"