Chapter 15

Nearly a week had passed, no one was allowed into your room, the staff deemed you too dangerous to have visitors.

The only person they let in was the chief, everyone else was turned away.

Toshinori tried to argue against this, saying that you weren't dangerous and he was aware of your quirk and what it could do but they still refused.

You had discharged yourself against their recommendations, instantly the chief got an alert and he let everyone know.

When Toshinori and Aizawa were finished their work for the day, both went to your room and knocked on the door along with Nezu and the Chief.

"(L/N)?" Aizawa asked.

There was silence, the four shared a look and opened the door but you weren't there.

"Maybe she hasn't come around yet?" Toshinori said.

"She discharged herself this morning, surely she should have come by at some point?" Nezu said.

"I asked a few students they haven't seen her." He chief said.

They all looked around, there was no trace that you had even stopped by for a moment.

"Can you track her phone or anything?" Toshinori asked.

"No, for safety reasons we don't do that in case someone hacks our systems. Everything on her is paper, even her number."

They nodded, closing the door with a quiet thud.

"Maybe she went to finish her mission..." the chief mumbled, "but she surely should know better."

Aizawa thought, a memory flashed through his head.

"I think I know where she is." Aizawa said.

"Where?" The chief asked.

"I can't tell you, I'll have to go alone though."

The chief thought for a moment, weighing his options.

"Fine, as long as you can confirm her safety and she's not breaking her oath."

"I'll let you know."

Aizawa headed to the door, pulling on his shoes he found Toshinori doing the same thing.

"I need to go alone." Aizawa sighed.

"I have to make sure she's safe."

The pair stared each other down for a few minutes. Aizawa finally huffed and nodded, pulling in his shoes.

"Fine, but let me do the talking."

Toshinori nodded and they were gone, jogging down the streets.

"Where are we going?"

"To a bar, I remember her taking me there to meet her CI."

"You think she's there?"

"Yeah. She said it was a safe space."

They stopped at an alleyway and walked through it until they came across a door. Toshinori looked around confused.

"I thought you said a bar..."

"It is."

He knocked on the door and it opened, Aizawa gave a small nod to the man behind the door.

"Is she here?"

Brutus looked between the pair of them with narrowed eyes.

"Told you, no heroes."

"I don't care, is (L/N) here or not?"

They heard a whisper and someone walk away. Brutus nodded his head and stepped aside.

"Be thankful." He grumbled, "She's in the back. Don't cause no shit."

Both heroes nodded as they entered. Toshinori looked around, there were a few faces he recognised, vigilantes who had occasionally crossed paths with him.

They walked over to the bar, the keeper looked at them before pointing to a door.

"Reapers through there, it'll be the third door on your left."

"Thank you." Toshinori nodded.

They followed through the door, it seemed like a never ending hallway, but they went to the third door and nodded before entering, closing it softly behind them.

You were sat with your legs up on a table, TV as you watched the news. Your coat and weapons discarded around the room, but you wore your hoodie, hood up, mask on, sleeves rolled up showing your bandaged arms and hands.

Aizawa quickly pulled out his phone, texting you were safe and not doing anything you shouldn't be.

"What do you want?" You grumbled.

"Everyone was looking for you." Toshinori said, sitting down.

"You discharged yourself, why?"

"Take it the chief sent you, making sure I wasn't running off on my own. Don't worry, I've still got my leash on." You growled.

Both looked at each other, pulling some chairs over they sat on either side of the table with you.

"He didn't send us, I told him I knew where you were."

"Well, you found me. Go away."

Toshinori frowned, resting his hands on the table he shook his head.

"We're here to make sure you're okay."

You growled lowly, balling your hands into fists.

"Well, you've done it. Leave."

"Hey, we're trying to help you here." Aizawa snapped.

You kicked your feet down and slammed your hands in the table so hard it cracked a little.

"I didn't ask for your help!" You hissed, "I missed my chance because I was protecting you!"

"Then you should've left us." Aizawa said.

"I couldn't..." you muttered.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I just wouldn't, okay?!"

"You said wouldn't that time." Toshinori pointed out.

"I couldn't! I wouldn't! Same thing!"

Aizawa leant forward a little, connecting eyes with you.

"Why?" He asked.

That same simple question the chief asked you, Toshinori asked you, you asked yourself. Why wouldn't you leave them?