Chapter 18

You were still out of commission for a another month, until you were fully healed.

The two teachers made sure to spend time with you, lending you a hand with anything you needed.

Today, Toshinori was sat with you as you looked at a giant map, crossing off different town and city names.

"This will take weeks." He sighed.

"Then I'll do this for weeks." You said, "I have people out trying to find the main base, and the chief has heroes at it too."

"What about Chain? Has he found anything?"

"No, Leon always kept him at arms length, keeping him in a different location to the base."

You turned around briefly, checking your phone before going back to the map.

After showing them your face, you decided not to weak your mask or hood up around them.

Every time he couldn't get used to seeing your face. The face he thought would be hardened and angry, but it was the opposite, you usually wore a soft but gentle looking expression.

He watched as you stared at the map, chewing the end of the whiteboard marker.

He hadn't told you, but him and Aizawa were trying to find a way to help you, the group from the bar upon finding this out agreed to help them anyway possible.

You never chose the life of a killer, it was thrust upon you, they thought maybe they could convince the chief to let you go free, help you fix everything you'd done.

"Toshinori..?"

He snapped out of his head and smiled at you.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Can you bring up the next set of locations that were a bust."

"Yeah, Yeah."

He printed out another list as you picked it up, replacing it with the other one on the side of the bored you went to crossing things out.

Toshinori felt his pocket vibrate, so he pulled out his phone and read what it was before abruptly standing up.

"I have to go." He rushed.

You turned around but nodded, waving at him as he ran out the room. He read the text once more.

Aizawa: we have some more information, come to the bar.

He grabbed a taxi to the nearest street, he ran down the alleyway and knocked on the door.

"In the back." Brutus said, letting him in.

He rushed through and was ushered into s large meeting room. Many vigilantes sat in there, along with Aizawa.

"Take a seat." Kira said.

He nodded and sat at the far end of the table, she pressed something and a report was pulled up on the screen.

"We asked Ghost if he could sneak and copy some files, and he sent us these. These are old files from some of reapers missions, each one is a detailed account of who she was to kill and why."

"Was this from the government?" Aizawa ask.

"Yes. It was in the file room, hidden in some old boxes that were supposed to be burned years ago, it was filled with every case file of he missions they gave her."

She slowly flicked through a couple of them until she stopped on a picture.

"What are they? Viles? What do the have in them?" Toshinori asked.

The door was opened and closed, Nezu came in followed by Present mic, Midnight and Hawks.

"Hizashi, it's about time." Aizawa sighed.

The loud hero grinned, rubbing the back of his neck a little.

"Took a while to convince the principle to help us!" Hizashi yelled.

"Sorry we're late!" Hawks grinned.

Nezu climbed onto a chair and pointed to the screen.

"It's the antidote to each quirk that the reaper posses." Nezu said.

"So it can be reversed?!" A vigilante yelled angrily.

"Yes, the government refuse to admit this. And they already know what will happen when the put the quirk blocker on." Midnight said.

"So they're end goal was the kill her either way." Aizawa said.

"If she doesn't die trying to fight the gang, they'll kill her if she wins. It's a loss either way for (Y/N)." Toshinori sighed.

"Not necessarily." Hawks smirked, "they don't know we have this information."

"What's your idea?" Kira asked.

"Well, What if Present mic announces all this information on his show, and he send it to multiple media outlets."

"That could work yeah!" Hizashi nodded, "my show has thousands of listeners yo!"

"Wouldn't that cause mass panic though?" Someone asked.

"Yes, which is why we'll give them an option." Nezu said.

"We've arranged a meeting with the chief and other parties involved for two weeks time. We plan on giving them the option of reversing her quirks and letting her stay with one of us until she redeemed herself as a functional member of society. Or, we tell the whole world what they did."

"I don't think (Y/N) would agree to this. I think she wants to be arrested, she wants to make right all her wrongs."

Everyone turned to Toshinori, he stood up.

"Even if this did work, she wouldn't accept it. I'm worried what she'll do. As we all know (Y/N) is aware of what they'll do to to her, so I believe she will refuse our help, even if we can win them over."

"What if you try convince her otherwise? You were the symbol of hope, maybe you can try change her mind." Someone said.

Toshinori sighed, ruffling his hair a little as he shook his head.

"I've been trying to help her, but it won't work."

"But she trusts you more now than before, right?" Hawks asked, "it could be with a shot. There's no point is doing this if it isn't going to work."

"We can give you until the day before the meeting, we'll meet back here again. If it works then we'll carry on, if not, then we won't." Nezu smiled.

Toshinori have a nod, it was worth a shot. So they all left, while he was walking back he was thinking of ways to try and convince you