Chapter 17

You pulled your phone away and stuffed it back into your pocket.

"Why start the Golden Gang?" Toshinori asked.

"It wasn't always called the Golden Gang. It was originally the backstreet dogs. We were a group of teenagers who lived on the street, unwanted, thrown away. Ignored by heroes, civilians and villains alike."

The pair didn't say anything.

"I started it as a way for us all to have a family, different quirks could help with getting money, food, water. We lived in an old wear house. Myself, Leon and Chain were the leader of said group. We brought in anyone, quirk or not, we let them be part of our family."

"So you became criminals?" Aizawa asked.

"No exactly. I had a strict rule, anything goes, so long as it was in the law. If you broke any laws you were out. However... some... didn't quite agree with that."

"Leon." Toshinori said.

You nodded, and slowly pulled down your hood, pulling your mask off, you gestured to the large burn on your face.

"He challenges me to a fight, knowing ow as quirkless and couldn't beat him. He had me in the floor in minutes, and to remind me of his new reign, he burnt my face and crowned the gang to Golden Gang."

"So, if you had no quirks, how come you have them now?" Aizawa asked, "late bloomer?"

"I think you know the answer."

"Experimentation." He said.

You nodded softly.

"He made a name for them pretty quickly, Worthing a few months of the underworld knew the golden gang. But he wanted more, he saw quirkless people as useless, needed to do something with them. He forced others to train them, beat them, do whatever it took to make the most elite soldiers. Only a select few survived this harsh training."

You ran a hand through your hair, getting up, you grabbed a vase of flowers and brought them back over, slowly unwrapping a hand as you carried on.

"Someone offered him some sort of serum, it gave those inject the quirk inside. It was unstable, and had a 99% fatality rate. He tried most people but they died, then he saw me. He decided I would be perfect. He wanted me to bow down to him. He spent nearly a year breaking me down to nothing before finally using it."

Brining a bare hand up, you gently touched the beautiful flowers, and the withered and died.

"He didn't know it had worked until a member tried to train me, he touched my neck and died within seconds. Leon was so proud of himself, he carried on, giving me more and more quirks, my body was the perfect vessel for them."

"What kind of quirks?" Toshinori asked, "how many do you have?"

"I have cell regeneration, any wound a get heals faster. Death, anything that touches my bare skin dies. Shadows, I encase myself in shadows giving my physical abilities a boost however it destroys my body. Fear manipulation, my presence alone paralysis' people with fear. Finally, I have recall, I can bring my weapons back to me."

"There's no way a quirkless body could take all of those." Aizawa said in shock.

You chuckled sadly, and nodded your head.

"You're right, it shouldn't. After the third quirk, my body started to give up. I was sick, burning up, dying basically. Which is why he gave me cell regeneration."

"So without it... you'd die...?" Toshinori mumbled.

"Exactly. Leon wanted me to suffer, he wanted to show he was above me, my life was in his hands. And it was. One word and he could take it away, let me die."

You wrapped your hand back up and pushed the flowers away.

"I became the perfect assassin for him, anyone he wanted dead, I'd kill no hesitation, if it meant I got to live. Because no one wants to die, right?"

You felt a few tears slip down your face as you drew a shaky breath.

"I counted every person I killed, i memorised their name, history, age. Just so at least someone would remember them... I killed them as humane as possible, but soon I became numb to the feeling, I blocked everything out."

"How many?"

"Aizawa!" Toshinori asked.

"No, she said she counted. So, how many?" He asked, "how many lives did you take?"

"389." You replied without hesitation, "that is the total of lives I took while with the Golden gang. 791 with the government."

"How many all together?" Aizawa asked.

"1180."

"No way.." Toshinori whispered, "there's no way you killed that many people."

Your eyes glowed as you looked at them, both of them tensed as your did. Your red eye glowing slightly more.

"I didn't earn the reputation the reaper for no reason Toshinori. I am nothing but a killer, I take lives with no remorse, I've torn hundreds of families apart. I don't deserve retribution or forgiveness, I want to end the Golden Gang once more so no one has to face the same things I did, then, I will finally accept my death."

"Death?!" He yelled.

"When I am arrested, I will have a quirk blocker placed around my neck, and within 24 hours, I will die."

You stood up, put your mask back on and pulled your hood up.

"My hands wield the knife that have ended countless lives. My skin is stain red with the blood of innocent lives, while my own veins run black with darkness." You said.

Grabbing your things you left the room without a single word.

"We have to help her." Toshinori said.

"There's no way we can." Aizawa sighed.

Both men didn't know what to do, you just spilled your life story out to them, and they couldn't even do a single thing about it, you would finish your mission, and in the end, you would die too