Chapter 23

The chief pushed Toshinori back, making him fall to the ground.

Leon suddenly appeared in front of the chief, his hand lit up gold as he tossed him backwards.

You raised a hand, catching him with your shadows, you let him safely down, and carried on.

Your eyes were focused on the man on the floor, Aizawa was trying to get there was fast as possible as well.

Toshinori watched in horror as the wild gang leader threw the blade, and a golden fire came towards his face. He closed his eyes and covered himself with his arms.

Suddenly there was a snap, and a chocked gasp for air.

"Y...you.. w...would.. die... f..for the very... p..people who despise you...?"

Toshinori slowly let his arms fall, in front of him was you, arm clasped around Leon's neck as his body slowly started to wither.

"Not all of them. Just a few." You coldly replied.

Aizawa took away your quirk, but it was too late, the damage was down. You stared at Leon for a few more seconds before letting him fall to the floor.

You felt a strange feeling in your chest, and coughs wracked your body. The metal taste of blood filled your mouth and you spat it out onto the floor.

"(Y/N)... why... what...?" Toshinori stuttered.

"Some monsters can't be cured..." you muttered.

Your les nearly gave way, but you caught yourself, and took a step. Then another, and another, shaking legs and blurry vision making it hard to see.

Coughed up more blood, and your legs dropped, you fell to your knees.

Head tilted backwards, you let out a wheezy breath, tilting your head backwards.

"Aizawa her quirks! She needs the cell regeneration!" Toshinori yelled.

You felt your quirks come back, the cell regeneration tried its best to fix the damage but it wasn't working.

You slowly fell on to your back, pain flooding your system.

"(Y/N)! We needs medics here!" Toshinori called out.

Aizawa and Toshinori both came over, and the chief linked over with them.

"Why... does the sky.. look so bright?" You asked softly.

All three looked up, they couldn't understand, the Sky was full of thick plumes of smoke making it impossible for you to see anything.

"We'll get you to the hospital soon reaper."

You didn't reply, but you turned your eyes a little to the left, letting them connect with the teary blue ones of Toshinori.

"G..guess... you.. won't get.. that chance..."

"H.. hey! Don't say that! We'll get you all fixed up and.. and we'll sort everything..."

You laughed softly, groaning in pain.

"N.. not this time..."

Taking your eyes away, you stared at the stars above. Everything felt so bright and so dull at the same time.

"You did good (L/N)." Aizawa said.

"You did more than good. You saved a lot of people today." Hawks said, landing next to you.

More people came around to speak to you, but truth be told, you couldn't hear or see them anymore. The lights above you got brighter and brighter until you had to close your eyes.

You felt something wet hit your face, followed by another, and another.

"I'm sorry I could show you the light again..." a voice whispered