04| The girl in the red dress

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
————————————————

What the hell just happened?

"Dante what the fuck was that?"

I look up at Matteo who's looking at me as if I've gone crazy. "A argument?"

He rolls his eyes "You know what I'm talking about. Grabbing her out of her seat because a guy was hitting on her? Do you even know her?"

I roll my eyes and look out the window of the SUV. "Shut up Matteo."

From the corner of my eye, I see he's about to press the subject more when I give him a pointed look and he decides against it.

Leaning my head against the head rest, I close my eyes and let my mind wonder off.

It decided to wonder off to a girl in a red dress with blueish gray eyes.

The way she moved on that dance floor had caught my eye all the way from across the room. The way she was so careless and just let her body move to the music as people starting circling around her.

I wanted to shot everybody that stood there and stared at her dancing but, I refrained.

How her porcelain skin looked in that red dress. The way she's not afraid to tell men, three times bigger then her, off.

Shit, even how her small waist felt under my arms.

How is it I was with her for 10 minutes and she already contaminated my thoughts?

"Have you thought about Alessandro's proposal?"

I open my eyes to see Matteo watching me intently.

I shake my head "I'm not marrying his daughter. She doesn't even know anything about a mafia and they want me to make her the queen of my mafia? I think the hell not."

He looks at me disapprovingly "Dante the Russian's are getting stronger by the minute. You know damn well an alliance with the Americans could help us with this war with the Russians."

I send him a annoyed look. "Matteo, my mafia is the strongest one in the fucking world. You think I'm scared because the Russians are growing in numbers? They're fucking idiots. They don't plan things out and that's what gets them killed. Shit, I could have Domenico kill them all in the blink of an eye. I'm not scared of them and when Viktor comes out of hiding, I'll make sure to end him along with his whole pathetic mafia. So no, I'm not going to marry Vanessa or whatever her name is."

He chuckles "Eliza."

I shrug my shoulders. "I was close enough."

I feel that car come to a stop and the divider that separates us from the driver comes down. "Boss we're here."

Nodding my head, I open the door and step out of the car. Looking to my men behind me, I say "You guys know the rules." They all nod their heads before spreading out around the house to keep watch.

Making my way to the front door, I pull out my key and unlock the door.

I get three steps into the house before little arms are wrapped around my legs.

"BUBBA!"

Smiling, I crouch down and pick my little sister up. "Ciao princess"

"Aurora, baby, who's at the door?" I hear my mother say as she rounds the corner.

Standing up with Aurora in my arm, I make my way over to my mom.

"Hi baby." she says as she pulls me into her arms.