28| I'll find you

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
————————————————

"What the fuck do you mean they took her?" I ask dangerously calm.

Matteo runs his hands over his face causing me to see a pool if red under his blazer.

"Matteo, who's fucking blood is that?" I ask as my fist clench at my sides.

"They fucking took her, Dante. We were driving to the safe house when a SUV came crashing into my side. I saw it seconds before it hit us and I was able to shield her from most of the hit but on the last flip, my body fell to the side and I'm pretty sure she hit her head on the window. It wasn't Viktor himself, but he sent Viper. When I reached for my gun, they shot me and knocked her out." he says and I hear nothing but rage in his voice.

"Go get yourself cleaned up." I say as I turn and walk behind my desk.

"Are you serious? They took Aria, I don't give a damn about a simple bullet wo-"

"I said go get yourself cleaned up. That's an order." I interrupt and watch as his face contorts into one of fury but he nods his head nonetheless and walks out of the office.

Once the door closes behind him, I wait a couple seconds before grabbing the empty glass from behind my desk and flinging it across the room. "FUCK!"

If he sent Viper out to get Aria, we're in an even more bigger hole then before.

How the fuck did he even know she would be going to a safe house? Specifically, that safe house?

Only a handful of people know about that safe house and that handful consists of my mom, Enrico, Aurora, Lorenzo, Cecilia, Matteo, and Domenico. Those are the only people that know about that house, yet alone, how to get to it so Viktor couldn't have known unless someone snitched.

I have a fucking mole in my own family.

As I'm pacing back and forth behind my desk, there's a knock at my door. Stopping behind my chair, I give them the word to enter and Domenico walks in with his hood low on his head as usual.

Where the fuck has he been all day?

"Domenico, where have you been?" I ask as I tighten my grip on the back of my chair.

"That doesn't matter. Where the fuck is Ari?" he says as he slowly makes his way over to me.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Where have you been?"

"Angelo, where is Ari?"

I let out a humorless chuckle. "Wouldn't you like to know. Don't play dumb with me, Domenico."

He stops right behind the chairs in front of my desk and his fist tighten at his side. "What the fuck are you talking about?" he says and I recognize the tone in his voice.

Knowing.

"Is that where you were today, Domenico? Giving up the location of the safe house when you knew I was going to have Aria go there today?" I say as I push myself off the chair and slowly walk over to him.

"What did you just say?" he asks as I come to a stop in front of him.

"You've been gone all fucking day and when I send Aria off the the safe house, that only few people knew about including you, she gets taken? Dome-"

He yanks his hood off his head and I see the glare he's sending me. "Are you insinuating that I would put Aria in that danger when my sole focas has been to protect her?"

That's when I lose my fucking patience.

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU THEN? YOU DISAPPEAR ALL DAY THEN COME BACK AFTER IT ALL GOES DOWN?" I roar as I push him back.