06| Domenico

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
————————————————

"Where the hell is Domenico?" I ask running my hands over my face.

As if he heard his name, the front door opens and he walks in with a apple in his hand.

"Where the hell have you been? The raid is supposed to go down in 10 minutes." I say my anger evident.

"I'm here now aren't I?" he asks as he tosses the apple to a maid and grabs a throwing knife from inside his Doc Martin.

Keeping his hood low on his head as usual, I watch as he spins the knife around in his hand. "Im not gonna ask you again. Where were you?" I ask as Matteo comes to stand beside me.

He lets out a annoyed groan. "Angelo, Im here now so we could either waste more time trying to figure out where I was or I can go a lead this raid as we planned." he says putting the knife back into his boot. 

"It's boss to you, Domenico." Matteo says from beside me, his voice laced with venom.

Domenico chuckles. "Unlike you Matteo, I don't work for anyone. Now Angelo, are the men ready?"

I roll my eyes and nod my head. "Yes they're waiting on you. Remember Domenico, no innocent life's."

"Yeah yeah got it. Mic?" he asks and I toss over his mic along with his vest and body cam.

He looks at the vest with a disgusted look before dropping it to the floor and putting on his mic and body cam.

"You know one day, those vests might actually save your life." I say tossing him a couple magazines for his gun.

He shrugs his shoulders. "They're ugly."

"Yeah because going to kill people is a special occasion that you need to look good for?"

I watch as his lip twitches upwards. "It is Angelo. It really is."

I let out a chuckle. "Alright go do what you do best and if you don't mind, come back alive."

"I'll think about it." he says as he makes his way to the front door.

Closing the door behind him, I turn around and begin making my way to the tech room where I can watch the raid go down.

"I really don't like him." I hear Matteo say behind me.

I chuckle. "A lot of people don't and if you couldn't tell, he really doesn't give a shit. You don't have to like him Matteo, just work with him. He's part of the family, been so for 5 years now."

"Whatever you say boss." he mumbles as I open the door to the tech room.

"Boss." Anthony greets as I sit down on the chair beside him.

Nodding my head to him, he hands me a headset while bringing up the footage from Domenico's body came.

I watch as the captain of my men, otherwise known as Giovanni, stares at Domenico with a scowl on his face.

He never learns.

Domenico is one of the best, if not, the best, assassin I know. I met him five years ago when he was on a mission to kill the same person that was stealing loads and loads of gun shipments from me. He was at the warehouse the same time when me and my men had arrived and he was ready to kill all my men and me for interrupting his mission. We came to an understanding and he began leading my men into missions and training them.

Giovanni has saw him as threat, still does, and ever since he came in, he made his life living hell. I've tried stepping in on multiple occasions but Domenico was always like 'He's not going to except me and I understand that. I'm not family, I'm just some assassin that is now helping lead the men he's in charge of. I can take his shit Angelo, but once he starts disrespecting me, that's a different story'.