Chapter 2

The afternoon had finally come to the small town in the Forever Fall, after an attack committed by the White Fang. The radical group was attempting to forcibly recruit any Faunus into their ranks, execute all the humans, and steal whatever dust shipments they had. Their plan ultimately failed, as two unidentified huntsmen sabotaged their plan. Leaving nearly half of their men unconscious, while the other fled the scene.

The town was now filled with civilians and veteran huntsmen cleaning up. One man, with fair skin, amber eyes, messy white hair, and glasses was speaking to a male civilian.

"And you're sure these two were huntsmen?" he asked

"I'm sure Headmaster." the man replied, "Very young though, I'd say around a first-year or maybe second-year student. One was a boy, black hair, tanned skin, deep blue eyes. He wore an...orange uniform, brown pants, and armored boots. His friend was a girl, I could tell by her voice, she had this armor, pink and purple to be exact."

The Headmaster scratched his chin, "Did they have any weapons?"

The man nodded, "Yes they did, some of the weirdest weapons I've ever seen. Both had rather bland looking pistols. The boy had one while his friend had two. But it looked like they didn't use dust, they fired some weird red bolts. The girl used a jetpack to fly around, but the weirdest thing were the swords they used. It was almost as if they were pure energy, uh the boy had an emerald green blade. But the girl had a pure black one, it was outlined in white, and gave off a white glow."

The headmaster hummed in interest before looking at one of the destroyed buildings, purple stains covered the area, along with the arrested White Fang operatives.

"I assume these two warriors were also responsible for that?" he guessed

"Oh yes!" the man answered, "They used these paint bombs too! Covered the Faunus in purple paint! Quite amusing if you ask me! The girl painted these strange symbols on some of the buildings as well."

The man then proceeded to point at an intact building where a purple symbol was painted onto its side. The Headmaster inspected the symbol with great interest, it was of a bird rising through flames, almost like a phoenix.

The man raised an eyebrow, "Hmm..."

-0-

The Gauntlet flew through the sky, high above the clouds to not draw any suspicion. Ezra sat in the cockpit manning the controls, as he and Sabine were taking turns evaluating the Gauntlet's repairs.

It was then that the young Mandalorian and Chopper entered the cockpit, and Ezra turned to face them.

"Anything on the ship?" Ezra asked her, "That I didn't see of course."

"Nothing." Sabine replied, "Chopper managed to get shields up to 50%, and hopefully they'll be up to full power soon. I installed some of the fuel cells you packed on the ship. We have enough to last us...I'd say a few months to a year tops."

Ezra nodded before rubbing the back of his head, "That's good to hear."

"Yeah well, as for life-support and the hyperdrive, they're still offline." Sabine added, "We can repair them, but it'll take...time."

"Hmm..." Ezra muttered, "So...what now?"

"Well..." Sabine began as she sat down in her seat, "We certainly left an impression on that village. So I'm suggesting we lay low for now, get as much information on this planet as we can."

"Well you know we can't survive on the rations we have." Ezra added, "We need money as well."

"Kriff..." Sanine hissed as Ezra continued, "Well, there's bound to be someone out there willing to pay for odd jobs."