Chapter 8 - The Bond

Previously on the Jedi and the Mandalorian...

"We're a team. Even Hera would agree with that too...Look I don't know how to say it but..."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Jedi and a Mandalorian..." Tristan muttered, "Now there's a partnership unheard of."

"Sabine has spoken highly of Bridger's abilities, and with that I trust they will survive until we find them." Ursa added

"What's this?"

"Mira and Ephraim Bridger."

"They hoped that their voices could inspire others and give their son hope. But the Empire then showed up and arrested them."

"I didn't know they were close..."

"Pfft, you looking to date Bridger?" Weiss scoffed, "He seems more like a child from the streets."

"UGH!"

Sabine finally snapped as she whirled back around with a fist and decked Weiss right in the face.

"To say that the relationship between the Jedi Order, and the Mandalorians is unique, would be considered an understatement..."

"Don't you dare insult my best friend." Sabine threatened her with a pointed blaster before turning to Yang, "And you, stay away from him."

-0-

RWBY: The Jedi and the Mandalorian

Chapter 8 - The Bond

Premise: Secrets are revealed, as Ezra and Sabine's friendship is called into question.

-0-

To say that the Ghost became a literal ghost town, would be an understatement. Well at least it felt like one. The disappearance of a young Jedi and Mandalorian left a hole in in the crew that was a family. Hera, despite her outward appearance seemingly normal, was actually broken to the point that she barely even slept. Instead opting to search all of the Rebellion's star maps for any clues. Zeb opted to preoccupy himself with whatever tasks and/or missions vial to stopping the Empire. The only one who seemingly remained calm was Kanan.

Being a Jedi, he didn't let his emotions get the best of him, but to the extent of being similar to that of a droid. He was worried for them, Ezra was his apprentice after all. He spent his time mainly in his quarters meditating, trying to focus on either Ezra or Sabine through the Force.

Yet despite the stress and fear they all had, they had help from others to get through it. Rex was helping them get through it day-by-day. He had worked with them since he joined Phoenix Squadron little over a year ago, and quickly befriended them. Even Kallus helped fill the void, mainly by using his position in Rebel Intelligence to search various hyperspace routes the Gauntlet could've travelled through. But beyond that, he'd often help the rest of the Ghost crew with more personal missions.

But now there had been a newcomer on the Ghost, another Mandalorian to be exact. Tristan Wren was no longer a stranger to the rebels. He and Fenn stayed with the Rebellion as per Ursa's orders. During this time, Tristan got rather bored. Most soldiers didn't ask for him to go on missions, mainly due to the fact that they didn't need him. On top of that, he was there for his clan and family, all in order to find his sister...and Bridger of course.

Tristan never really knew Ezra, only from stories Sabine told him when she stayed on Krownest. From what he knew from Sabine, Ezra was goofy, charismatic, open, and a friendly individual. On top of that was his bravery, borderline recklessness, and gift as a leader, which Tristan saw in action when he volunteered to help in the evacuation of Attolon.