Chapter 18 - The Jedi Knight

Previously on The Jedi and the Mandalorian...

"It's a Jedi Temple..."

"Alright, I was in a black void, and I saw a woman."

"A woman..."

"A lunar crystal..."

"My father gave it to me..."

""I don't know...where to go on from here...But I can tell you this: I promise you, that I will find a way. A way to overcome my fear."

"I love you..."

"Go to the Yavin system and warn them. Find Hera and the others, and tell them I sent you."

"The rebellion is in danger?"

"Show me the truth..."

-0-

RWBY: The Jedi and the Mandalorian

Chapter 18 - The Jedi Knight

-0-

Premise: As Remnant braces for war, Ezra must face a difficult test.

-0-

The speeder emerged from the thick foliage of the forest before coming to an abrupt stop. Ezra disembarked as he approached the temple once more. He had nothing on him but his lightsaber and the Force as his weapon and guide. He stopped as he took in the sight of the temple's appearance. The Force called him here, he knew that, but why did it feel wrong? What were the Jedi doing here? What is his test? But most of all: How will he save Sabine?

After escaping the droid factory, Ezra and the Bad Batch returned to Vytal to lay low for a while until the heat died down. From their hideout, they witness Atlas move the Separatists warships into the atmosphere. After a day of hiding, they decided to make a move.

Ezra, along with Hunter, Wrecker, and Crosshair, returned to the village in the Forever Fall. There, they managed to rescue Eli, Doc, and a majority of the villagers from an Atlas death squad who planned on arresting them for conspiring with them before. They escaped in the Atlas Mantas they acquired from the SDC Mining Facility weeks ago, while also taking the weapons that Ezra and Sabine sold to them.

Afterwards, Ezra sent Tech and Echo back to the droid facility to recon Atlas' operations there. They discovered that Ironwood resumed droid manufacturing, from standard B1s to Atlas AK models. No doubt they didn't have the proper resources to produce the former. It was clear that Ironwood was choosing quantity over quality.

Yet there was nothing they could do now. This was a planet-wide occupation, no way they were gonna pull it off in one swoop. The only option they had was to wait for RWBY and JNPR to return on the Gauntlet with Alliance support.

Yet as this was happening, Ezra continued to have the same dream that haunted him since he got to Remnant. He ignored it briefly as he and Sabine were still learning their way around the planet, working with RWBY and JNPR, searching for the droid base, up until he discovered the Jedi Temple.

Speaking of Sabine, what the hell was he gonna do about her? They literally poured their hearts out to one another before Beacon was overrun, and finally she outright kissed him before stunning him. Next thing he knew, he found himself on the Marauder, with only her pendant. all so she could buy them all enough time to escape.

Ezra was furious, not at her, or Ruby, or Hunter, or anyone. He was furious at himself, the very person who couldn't do anything to save someone he grew incredibly close to. All because he was afraid of taking that one step, one that could either be a blessing or a sin.