07

🧋———

🧋
———

Park Jisung was a loon. Mirae had decided that fame must have done something to the kid, not that he was any better when he was younger, but now he said stuff that didn't make sense even for his standard. Thinking about him made her glad that she changed careers, otherwise she may have ended up like him, brainwashed by an industry that cared for nothing more than money.

"Because it seems as if the universe wants us to do so."

Bullshit. What did he know about the universe? She should have ignored it but it had been bothering her the whole time. She had asked him about it after he said it, but he simply gave her a cocky grin before strutting away, leaving her to question his sane-ness.

"I hope you're just thinking of name ideas." Seongmi's voice broke her out of the moment she had replayed in her head, reminding her that she was still in the cafe. She stared at her friend, finally seeing the resemblances she had to her brother, making her cringe slightly. "Do I have something on my face?"

"Hmm..." Mirae hummed. "Just ugliness."

"How original." Seongmi chuckled as Mirae bit back a smile.

"You've been hanging out with Jack too much." Aera shook her head.

"What about me?" The boy arrived, sitting himself on the seat beside Seongmi as he eyed the mess of scribbles on scattered pieces of paper, a mix of failed names and random lyrics they each wrote down.

"Mirae seems to be absorbing your dry humor." Seongmi informed as he whipped his head over to the girl, putting a hand out for a high five.

"Only hot people know what humor is." He said as Mirae held her hand up, pretending that she's about to high five him but holding her fingers out as scissors instead, leaving the group to laugh about it as Seongmi rolled her eyes at their childishness.

"Okay what names have we got?" Aera asked, her eyes examining each of their faces as if she could read how good their ideas were based on that.

"The brigade." Jack said enthusiastically, his hands out in front of him as the others shared a judging look. "Like...cause yknow it's just fun."

"Sweetie...it's really not." Aera said as his face fell into a sad pout. "You two? Anything?"

"I like the lefties." Seongmi said, looking down at a piece of paper. "I mean something that signifies that we're leftists would be good."

"I see where you're going... But it needs more flavor." Aera judged. "We shouldn't be making a big deal out of this, we're not even a proper band."

"You're the one who's judging our names." Jack crossed his arms. "If anything it should be Mirae since she wrote the song." The group turned to Mirae who had been racking her brain for something. She had a name she wanted, but it was too long and not that good anyways.