10

🚪———

🚪
———

"Who was that?" Siwoo asked, his head poking out from his apartment as Mirae opened her door, sending him a glance. He must have heard her conversation with Jisung on the phone, which was the plan seeing as she had been speaking quite loudly.

"Just someone." She gave him a smirk before stepping into her apartment, closing the rusty door behind her as she was welcomed by the sound of her dad talking to his phone. "Hey dad."

"Oh Mirae, can you cook us some rice?" He held a hand over his phone to speak to her before going back to his conversation. Mirae placed her guitar in her room, shaking off her sweater vest before making her way back to the kitchen.

Humming along her 'mother mother' cd, Mirae placed the rinsed rice into the cooker, turning it on. She examined the almost empty fridge, taking out the containers that she did see, filled with leftovers from previous days as she placed them into the microwave. Taking out some eggs from the fridge and cracking them onto the hot pan and letting them sizzle with the hot oil.

"Your sister is staying over next weekend." Her dad says as he walked into the kitchen, just in time for the beeping of the microwave as he pulled the food out, putting in another container.

"Good for her." Mirae commented, cracking another egg onto the pan.

"She might be getting married soon." He said with a soft smile. "Crazy isn't it?" He took plates out of the drawer to set up dinner for the two.

"Very crazy, who would have she could ever get married." She added, she turned down the volume of the music before scooping the two eggs onto a plate, passing it to her dad who placed it on the table.

"I would comment on that sarcasm of yours but I didn't have hope for either of you in terms of marriage." He laughed, ready at the table as Mirae scooped up the hot rice, steaming her face in the process. She took a seat at the table before the two dug into their food, thanking each other for the meal.

"Fair enough." She shrugged. "I don't have hopes for myself either."

"Siwoo isn't the only person in the world you know." Her dad pointed out. "You'll find someone."

Mirae let out a sad laugh. "Thanks dad. I have the rest of my life to worry about that."

"For now, why don't you worry about getting your license?" He asked with a lifted brow, making Mirae stop for a second. She looked up at him, placing her chopsticks on her plate. "Mirae, you're turning nineteen in a few months. I think it's about time you get it."

"Dad, you know that I can't even get into a car right?" She reminded. "Let alone drive one."

"So you're just going to skate and take the bus everywhere?" He asked, laughing slightly. She knew it wasn't the best option, but it was the only option she had.