36

📖 ———

📖
———

After a few days  of wallowing into her damp pillow and suffering what felt like the worst heartbreak she would ever suffer, Mirae was back in Siwoo's living room. Though she knew that expecting comfort from her ex was not the best way to cope, her sister wanted her out of the house because her negative energy was going to 'ruin her wedding'.

She hadn't spoken to Siwoo or anyone other than her family for that matter, which made opening her mouth to speak feel like a task. But Siwoo's apartment was always quiet anyways, she didn't feel as if she was being forced to say anything. "You were right." She said finally, as Siwoo looked up from the textbook he was reading. He was preparing for their upcoming practice exams, he hasn't really been showing up to school and still has no intention to.

"That's rare." He spoke. "What about?" He placed his pen down on his coffee table as he looked at Mirae who lied sadly on his dusty couch.

"Remember what you said a few months ago, about me not being able to find someone. That I'll come running back to you in no time." She reminded as she turned to her side, looking away from his moldy ceiling and at him instead.

"I just said that to get you to actually go out and find someone else." He said as he tied his hair behind him into a small stub. "I know I'm a shitty person, the least I could do was push you away."

"You're not that bad Siwoo." Mirae commented.

"I forgot to tell you that Jisung called you one day, you were asleep and I picked up." He said, looking back down at his textbook.

Mirae nodded. "It's not like that could have saved our relationship anyways." She muttered. "It's a case of right person wrong time I think, I just don't know if the time will ever be right. There's a chance that it will never be." Her eyes were already dry of tears, so instead she lay there and stared at nothing in particular.

"Will you ever sing again?" He asked suddenly. "You left that all behind but everything is slowly coming back to you isn't it."

"I guess you could say that it is." She answered, moving a hand through her hair. "But I might not, history seems to repeat itself and I don't want to have to go through that again."

"But it's what you really want, and it makes you happier, doesn't it?"

Mirae let out a sigh, her mind was not in the right place to be having this conversation. "I asked Jisung the same question."

Siwoo shook his head, but the amused smirk he tried to hide was obviously there. "I think you won actually."

"Won what?"

"The bet we made mentally, where I told you you'd never find anyone else." He leaned back on the foot of a chair. "You definitely found someone else."

"I didn't think winning would make me feel like this." She placed a hand to her stomach. "This sucks."