18

🏡———

🏡
———

"I know I've asked you guys this before," Jisung placed his spoon down, glancing at his parents as he cleared his throat. "But what actually happened to me during that accident?"

His parents shared an agitated look before looking back at him, equally as annoyed at the question as he was. "Well there must have been an issue with one of the rides, and the next thing we knew you were in the hospital with a bandaid wrapped around your head. It wasn't too serious but it was quite scary." His dad explained, not looking him in the eyes as he continued to eat, his mum doing the same.

"But who was I with?" He asked, his eyebrows creasing in mild frustration.

"Some of the nct boys." His mum answered.

"Then how come none of them know what happened." Jisung pointed out, biting back the need to raise his voice. He was never one to get frustrated at them, seeing as he never had a reason to, but now he was. "I ask them if they knew what happened and all they say is that they remember that I was in an accident and that's it."

"Mirae must have told him something." His mum, Yunhee sighed as she placed her chopsticks down to look at him. "Didn't she?"

"No, she hasn't and it's annoying me because she obviously knows something I don't." Jisung complained. Mirae was mysterious, and Jisung found it very hard to decipher what was going through her head.

"Sung, you have to understand that the reason we don't tell you is because we don't want you to feel burdened by it." Yunhee reminded him. He stopped himself from rolling his eyes. If only they knew he was burdened by it no matter what, that he had to go to a therapist to sort out his issues that seemed to have sprouted out of no where.

"So what does Mirae have to do with it? Or is it something I have to ask her."

"Don't ask her, she might make up some story to scare you." His dad advised. "She's the reason why you were in the accident in the first place."

"Just finish your food Jisung. Don't worry about it anymore." Yunhee advised as Jisung clenched his jaw. He released it in a sigh, knowing there was no way of winning.

He hadn't been too bothered by it before, but now he was adamant to find out the truth.

Jisung couldn't sleep. The one day he had free from his jam packed schedule was the one day where his mind decided sleep was unimportant. It was definitely a waste of a night, but when all his brain would do is think between what his parents had told him, Mirae and the weird and unfamiliar fear he felt in his gut, sleep wasn't concern.

There was no reason for him to feel that way, so instead of staying in his lifeless room Jisung snuck out of the house, pulling a grey hoodie over his head as he fastened a mask onto his face.