19

🛋———

🛋
———

"Bro, you might want to call your girlfriend."

"Seongmi, I'm literally in the middle of therapy." Jisung spoke into the phone, a questioning look coming from Haneul as he held his phone to his ear. He had thought that it might have been an emergency, therefore he answered.

"You go to therapy?" Seongmi asked, surprise in her tone.

"Yeah...don't tell mum and dad though." He told, knowing that if he didn't say it, she would run and tell his parents immediately.

"I won't, and speaking of mum I think she might have said something to Mirae." Seongmi informed. "They usually don't like my friends, but I don't think this had anything to do with me. On top of that they were both being super weird to her at lunch. I mean now that I think of it I think Mirae was that kid they yelled at when you were at hospital."

Jisung furrowed his brows as his mind shadowed with a sense of confusion. He had sensed a discomfort, but it was hard to tell whether it was Mirae or him feeling it, but now he was sure. "I'll talk to her later, I'll just finish up first." He said, Haneul's concerned look reminded him where he was. He hung up and released a frustrated sigh. "Sorry about that."

"What was that about?"

"My parents don't like my soulmate, except they don't know she's my soulmate." He frowned, confused as to what Seongmi had said about being in the hospital.

"Oh, congrats on finding your soulmate." Haneul smiled, comforting Jisung slightly. "But do you have any idea why they don't like her?"

"Nope, not at all. I have a theory but I feel like I haven't put enough thought into it." Jisung lifted a finger up lazily, a defeated smile on his face.

"Tell me anyways, I kind of have experience in the whole soulmate thing so I might be of some help." Haneul offered, leaning back.

Jisung took in a deep breath, hoping it doesn't sound dumb when said out loud. "Well...I was asking my parents about the accident again, and this time I didn't really hold back with my questions but instead of answering they asked me if my girlfriend had told me about it -- for context we knew each other as kids -- but that just means she knows something about it right, I mean it's it's weird how even my friends know nothing about it." He explained, spewing out all the thoughts he had. "My theory is that she was there, and I think my sister saw her at the hospital at the time."

Haneul nodded along, taking in the information. Without a word she stood up from her green sofa, walking over to her desk and pulling out a file. "They finally processed my request for your medical details, and with some effort they finally gave it to me." She said, sitting back down in her seat, reading over a piece of paper. "You had a major neurological surgery done in 2016, which I assumed was because of the accident, but in the notes it was said road traffic accident." She highlighted the words, passing the sheet to Jisung who stared at the print. He blinked at the truth. He wasn't in any way surprised, but he was offended. Offended that his parents would lie to him.