Bonus Chapter 2

A/N: Another bonus chapter!
This is just gonna be some Meliodas and Ashe content ;)

_

Sweat dripped from my forehead but I wiped it away with the sleeve of my arm. My fingerless glove on my left hand had a large tear covered in dark blood but no noticeable wound as it had already healed.

My opponent, Zeldris, looked equally as worn out as I did and in one last attempt to beat me, he swung his sword towards my shoulder.

Without blinking, I had my two daggers crossed in front of me as they heavily pushed against Zeldris' sword.

I lost track of how long we both stood there, neither of us backing down as we tried to overpower the other. A smirk made it's way to my face as I summoned an inferno of dark blue flames that rushed through my hands, coated my blades and eventually made its way to Zeldris' hands and burnt him, causing his sword to drop to the floor.

"Now how many wins is that?" I cockily asked.

"... the fourth this week." He eventually grumbled.

"And you're still on..." I grinned, urging him to go on.

"... zero."

"There. Admittance isn't that bad, is it Z?" I picked up his sword and muttered a few words under my breath, summoning a dark, shadowy mist that froze over the hot metal and cooled it down before handing it to the demon.

"I'm going to go back; I need to shower before Meliodas gets back." I told Zeldris who nodded in response.

...

The shower felt blissful and every cell in my body was grateful for the scalding hot water that hit my skin. I wrapped my body in a fluffy, pale grey towel and walked out of the bathroom to change, finding Meliodas laying on my bed as he threw one of my daggers in the air before catching it and repeating the process.

His eyes met mine as I stepped into the spacious room and a smile appeared on his face.

"You look good." He grinned, to which I clutched the towel tighter around me.

"Come sit with me." He said, patting the area next to him.

I hesitated first then slowly made my way forward. He seemed to grow impatient as he reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me to him.

The towel significantly loosened, causing my bare chest to be pressed against his clothed one. My cheeks were most probably a deep red at that point.

Meliodas wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tighter against him so our eyes met in a battle of deep green against magenta and royal blue.

He lifted his head slightly and connected our lips, smiling into the sweet kiss.

"I've missed you." He said into my ear as one of his hands held my head against his neck. "So much." He said, quieter this time.

"I've missed you too." I breathed out.

"Did you though? Whenever I'm not around you become stuck to Zeldris' side." His tone was teasing yet quiet, but I couldn't help but notice the slight doubt laced in his words.

Doubt? Towards me? Why?

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

"You were meant to marry Zeldris, but you broke that off as soon as you got here and chose to be with me some time after. But do you..." he trailed off and I tried lifting my head to look him in the eyes but he held me still against his neck.

"Finish the sentence Meliodas. Do I what?" I fought to keep my emotions in check.

"I'm gone a lot but Zeldris is always here with you. Whenever I come back when he's home, you're always with him." He said and all of a sudden I saw everything in a different perspective.

I considered Zeldris my best friend, followed by Derieri and Monspeet then Galand (though with him it was more the way he made me think while we played chess than his actual personality) and I'd never once thought of him in any way other than platonic.

But from any other view, he was my ex-would-be-husband who I spent more time with than necessary when my lover-his brother- was absent. It was sure to arouse some sort of suspicion.

"Meliodas." I softly spoke into his neck. "I love you more than anything in the world and I promise you that I always will. I'm yours and I wouldn't have it any other way. Don't forget that I forced my father to break off the arrangement with Zeldris because I didn't have those types of feelings for him. The only demon for me is you, my love." I murmured into his ear.

His grip on me tightened then loosened again as he moved his hand to my face and lifted my head.

His emerald eyes were shining with unshed tears but there was a genuine smile on his face as he looked up at me. "I love you too." He grinned as he flipped us over so I was on top and had to press myself down on him so my chest wouldn't be exposed.

"Stop acting so shy, it's not something I've never seen or touched before." He laughed.

My face flushed but he quickly pressed his lips on mine again before I could say something back.

His lips moved against mine with a burning passion that would never be doused and mine moved with an equal fire that could burn down whole forests and still hold its rage.

I love him so much it hurts. I've given him all of me, but I hope he doesn't break me as time passes.

I have nothing left to give, so what if he gets tired of me?

Would he really stay with someone like me?

-

A/N: I've been gone for ages so here's another bonus chapter before I go sleep. It's currently 00:40 where I am. This holiday is honestly dragging; I don't want to go back to school but I'm also so bored here :(

Anyways...

Maybe there's more than one reason behind why Meliodas is doubtful towards the relationship between Ashe and Zeldris-

Lemme not say too much!

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

Jā na.