Chapter Four

I made pointless conversation with myself, causing a blonde Holy Knight to look at me like I was crazy.

Meanwhile, Ban thought it would be a good idea to listen to a fucking horn and kill his best friend.

Stupid goddess race.

-
The Horn of Cernunnos. Or in my eyes: a bitch trapped in an oversized seashell.

I didn't have much against the 'oh so powerful goddess race', but they were annoying and I still had a scar on my back from being struck with one of their celestial weapons.

Trying to expel the darkness and all that.

While I kept talking under my breath, Ban and Meliodas were fighting. It was pointless and I was still shocked as to the fact that Ban would kill his best friend over the words of a goddess who probably had no evidence to back her claims.

"Ban. Can I just say that whatever kind of witchcraft you've been shown isn't true. The goddesses are powerful yes, but they're also manipulative bitches. What proof do you have that killing Meliodas would bring back your lover?"

He ignored me and kept talking to Meliodas, but I knew he'd heard me. Meliodas used to complain about how loud I sometimes was until he found interesting... methods to shut me up.

Meliodas turned to where I was, his eyes widened as suddenly the undead human turned around and attacked me.

"You're right, the captain is my friend, but you're not and the goddess said I should kill you too. None of you know what it feels like to lose the one you love the most. To be alone while everyone else is happy and moving on with their lives." He growled as he tried to snatch my daggers.

Try again bitch, these daggers were made with an infusion of my family's blood and a rare metal that was only available in a sealed mine under my family castle, so unless I give verbal consent for you to take them, you simply can't.

"Don't act like you know me Sin of Greed. I've been alive longer than you can count so don't think you know what I've been through. You lost your lover? Welcome to my world." Meliodas looked down at my words while Ban seemed thoughtful.

"Yeah well the difference between the two of us is that I'm willing to fight to get my love back. I haven't given up on her and I never will!" He exclaimed after a moment.

"Trust me, Ban, I never stopped fighting to get my love back. But when you see the person you gave everything to happy with someone else, it's quite disheartening. But I'm still here aren't I. I'm still helping Meliodas." I spat, immediately biting my tongue as no one needed to hear that.

Ban's eyes snapped to mine when he heard what I said. For the entire time he'd known his captain, he never heard of a woman with long, dark hair or mesmerisingly colourful eyes.

"Whatever." He mumbled, as he continued fighting me.

He managed to cut my hand off, which was quite an inconvenience since it was my dominant hand but I shook off the slight twinge of pain and fought with one hand.

Seeing the serious expression on his face, I fixed my stance and continued talking under my breath, hating Creede more and more as I got tired of it.