Chapter Seventeen

TW: erm idk if this could be triggering for anyone but better safe than sorry. There's mentions of cvtting oneself in this chapter; not like slf h@rm cvtting but just like 'oh I'm gonna join a cult and try summon Bonnie Bennett' or smthn crazy like that. I'm rambling but I thought I should mention it before hand just in case.

-

But I firmed it. I wasn't weak. Far from it. Just like an enchanted sword, I simply needed my skills to be a little sharper after being MIA for so long.

And that would start with taming the metaphorical demon inside of me.

-

It was all sketchy and I struggled to believe it would work but thought to myself 'fuck it' and decided to give it a go.

Hundreds of candles were closely scattered around me in some sort of circle while I was sat in a cave near Camelot. Around me, I'd casted Imperfect Sphere in order to prevent any of the other souls trapped in the crystals within my blood from escaping.

Right now I needed to communicate with only one of those homicidal maniacs.

I took a deep breath in before taking one of my daggers and deeply digging the tip into my wrist and dragging it down my forearm.

The wooden bowl on the floor in front of me slowly began to fill with my deep blood while I continued making the incision as the wound kept healing.

Over and over and over again.

I can't believe I'm doing this shit.

When the bowl was full with my blood, I could almost see the thick liquid shimmer as though it had been mixed with the thinnest glitter. That must've been the crystal but what the hell happened to there only being 'traces'. This was definitely more than just a 'trace'.

Whatever.

As I took my index and middle finger, I slowly mixed the blood, murmuring the runes Lilia had told me, before taking the two fingers and using the blood as though it was ink, writing the Darke runes in the same pattern I'd been taught less than an hour ago.

I managed to create a rough sort of circle and stepped out of it after making sure there were no gaps wider than my thumb, just as instructed.

When the runes began to glow violet, I sighed in relief. Or maybe it was the fact that it actually worked that caused me to let out a small breath of surprise.

Regardless of what I was feeling, I spoke a few more runes I didn't know the meaning of, and watched in awe as my blood remained on the cave floor but tiny particles lifted up and eventually came together to form a small crystalline rock.

It wasn't perfect; it was rough around the edges and sharp enough to cut through a Shadowbeast's hide.

It was beautiful.

My eyes widened as the crystal began to glow even brighter than the runes did. Wisps in all the shades of purple violently circled around the crystal, sparks forming along with a grey vapour, until a bright light began to emit from the rock. When the light got too bright and I had to look away, I heard a silky voice speak.