Chapter Fourteen

Zeldris seemed to have had enough but just as he ran to attack, we were pulled back by Merlin and were once again stood in front of the sins and druids.

"Well that was fun." I grinned, running a lazy hand through my unruly hair.

-

They all threw up. All of the food he'd made was on the floor, a giant mess surrounding me as I made my way down the stairs.

He was the only one who made it out unscathed as he chuckled slightly. The corner of my lips lifted, an eyebrow raised as I asked a silent question.

His lips stretched into a grin as he shrugged and made his way over, going on his tiptoes slightly to throw an arm over my shoulder, bringing me lower and pressing his cheek against mine.

"That was fun!" He exclaimed, bursting into a fit of laughter.

It was something I'd quickly noticed as time went on.

He was happy. Too happy. Not that he wasn't allowed to be happy but it almost seemed forced, like he had to be happy.

Something just wasn't right.

"Meliodas we-" I started, only to be interrupted by him as he pointed to the window where blue bird-like demons flew in the sky, dropping what appeared to be posters of some kind.

"I wonder what that is..." he spoke, going outside and crouching down to pick one up.

"A flyer of some sort?" I murmured, brushing off the unasked questions and saving them for later.

Leaning down, I picked up one of the sheets of paper, reading what it said.

"Any wish?" Meliodad asked, his eyes twinkling.

He knew it was a trap...right? I shook my head, of course he did. If I knew Meliodas even just a fraction of how much I used to know him, he had a plan of some sorts and was definitely going to carry it out.

"So I'm guessing we're going?" I asked, leaning my weight onto one foot while I placed a hand on my hip.

"That's right! This reminds me of the old days when we'd go on adventures together. Only this time, the whole gang's gonna be there." He grinned.

I shivered as the memories rushed through my mind.

But were any of them actually real? A small, sinister voice whispered to me. If your relationship could be destroyed so easily, who's to say anything either of you felt was real. I could almost feel its smirk.

I shook my head slightly. What was the point.

-

We were lost.

Not all of us; just Creede and I.

Hopelessly lost and terribly scattered. As I thought about it I realised this was probably what the Commandments had wanted. That and the help of illusions would make weeding out the weaker links light work.

Finding nothing better to do, I decided to ask my darling brother a question that had been on my mind for quite a while.

"Creede." I spoke. He looked at me, a brow raised. "That day when we went to Istar... what did you and Meliodas talk about?"