Chapter Eight

"I'm fine." With that, I stood up and went back to my room, leaving the leftover dango for whoever wanted it.

Taking one of my daggers, I stabbed it into my chest after quietly muttering something and fell back onto the bed.

The leaking blood felt comfortable and as the darkness took over once again, I welcomed it with open arms.

-

The spell I cast: Death's Vision, requires the caster to sacrifice their heart in order to separate their soul and consciousness from their body.

Using it too much could lead to permanent death and remaining separated from the body for too long would result in the body being possessed and corrupted by a rogue soul.

Death's Vision wouldn't be able to work on a normal human as it depended on the caster's ability to heal, though once the spell was casted, the healing ability would be significantly slowed.

Opening my eyes, I saw what could be named the 'Spiritual plane'. It didn't feel or look much different to the normal world, but I didn't let that fool me.

Spirits- especially vengeful ones- were dangerous, more so than demons. They were heavily powered by emotions which was their biggest weakness, yet their biggest strength too.

While they looked like normal humans, they were much more powerful.

Shaking my head to clear it so I'd have direct access to my desired location, I calmed my breathing and tried to see the image I was looking for.

A tall gate with barbed metal twisting into tortured faces with stilled screams as their final expressions entered my mind, and I tried my hardest to focus only on the gate.

It wasn't hard to break the dull silver lock that kept the burning hot chains that embellished the heavy gates together.

There were no spirits in the area I was in, which was a given considering most Shadowes had no access to the Spiritual Plane.

Finally, after what was way too long, I was outside my father's mistress' mansions.

The walls were painted in velvety colours and draped with dark curtains as candles lit the large rooms. The floor was carpeted in blood red material and I had to be careful with where I stepped.

This was the only place in the Shadow Realm that had a foot in the Shadow Realm and a foot in the Spiritual Plane.

"I need your help." I called out.

There was an eerie silence first but then a laugh began to echo throughout the building.

"When I told you that you'll be able to contact me using Death's Vision, I didn't think you'd use it for advice with boys and demons." She chuckled.

"I don't need advice when there's no boy to use it on, Lilia." I huffed as the woman appeared.

She had dark blue hair that was styled into a high ponytail with a single strand framing the side of her face. Her golden eyes were framed by her glasses which only added to her beauty.

She was tall and dressed in black pants with a pale grey shirt tucked in. She'd never liked dresses as they restricted her movements.