Chapter Ten

"I honestly don't know. The Sins have been around since I was a kid so I've come to see that appearance doesn't always relate to age." She smiled.

"You're a smart girl Elizabeth." I said to her as I walked away. Smart enough to know when to stay away because I was done with being used then pushed to the side as soon as her Royal Highness came back into the frame.

Done.

-

"I don't get why I have to be present when I'm literally not involved in any of this." I sighed as Elizabeth handed me the outfit she'd picked out.

"You helped out with defeating Hendrickson and saving Liones, so it's only fair that you also get commemorated." She smiled.

I took the outfit out of the bag and sighed at the sight of a dress. It was deep blue and would reach my mid thighs with a silver chain belt at the waist.

She gave me black boots to go with it and I had to force a smile as I accepted.

I had nothing against dresses, but shorts were so much easier to move around in.

"Thanks Elizabeth." I smiled, holding the dress like it was a screaming child as I made my way to my room.

It didn't look bad on me, not in the slightest, but I hadn't worn a dress since shorts were made so it was a bit different.

The boots though, were a permanent addition to my wardrobe: they were much higher up on my leg than my old boots and the heel was less pointed, making them much comfier.

I looked good. The dress perfectly framed me without being too tight so I could still comfortably move around. I could only thank that I hadn't been given a Princess gown.

"Lady Ashe, are you ready?" Elizabeth knocked on my door.

"Mhm." I replied, leaving the room.

She filled me with compliments that I accepted with a smile as I remembered the way the original Elizabeth would flatter me with empty praises.

'Oh Ashe, you look amazing' she once said to me when I was on the verge of death after being poisoned and Meliodas cancelled meeting with her so he could take care of me.

I liked this version a lot more...she was more docile.

I sighed as I left the room, making sure my daggers were strapped to my thighs and leaving the journal Lilia gave me on my bed.

That was an issue for another day and the salve Merlin gave me helped with the rash so it wasn't exactly the first thing on my mind.

-

"Huh?!! Why can't I see your power level?" Hawk yelled as he squinted at me.

"That's a secret I'd rather not tell." I smiled.

Ban and King weren't with us, but the rest of us were at the front of the crowd. It wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't for the constant whispers of disapproval.

I wanted to see them try and get rid of a mess like Hendrickson.

"The Seven Deadly Sins along with the Scraps... Scraps Disposal?" King Bartra began. Elizabeth, who wore a blue gown whispered to him before he continued.