Chapter Fifteen

"Fuck off Gloxinia. Hurry up and assign us to a team, I've been dying to kill someone." I gave a wolfish grin.

"That's perfect." He offered an empty, almost pitiful smile. "You'll be fighting Meliodas and his friend."

My heart stopped.

-

"This is a joke, right?" My eyes darted between my brother and the commandment.

It had to be. Not only were Creede and I in absolutely no condition to fight a demon (my denial let me believe that this was the reason despite the knowledge that we'd be able to take a demon on even if we were somehow drunk) but I didn't have the emotional capability to go against the love of my life.

"Of course not! I didn't think you two would be joining so I was going to have them fight lower ranking demons, but the more the merrier, right!" His smile was empty but a spark of amusement creeped through.

"Gloxinia wait-" Creede began but I silenced him once I saw the challenging, almost mocking glint in Gloxinia's eyes.

"I'll fight him- them. But I have conditions. The fights are to the death, and I don't think that's possible considering you have four of the most immortal people here fighting one another. So me, Creede, Meliodas and Ban all go through to the next round." I stated.

He opened his mouth, probably to argue, but I silenced him with a raised finger.

"Second. You'll leave Creede and I alone. He has no obligation towards you Commandments despite having been sealed away with you for three thousand years, and neither do I. If we want to come to you, we'll do so on our own accord.

Third. Whatever it is you have against Liones, Britannia, the whole world for all I care- King Arthur of Camelot does not get involved and neither do his people. I want Camelot to be promised safety." I spoke calmly, letting him know there was no room for arguments.

My conditions were pushing the limits but I hoped I'd be able to somehow convince the demons to listen.

"You're asking for too much." Gloxinia chuckled dryly.

"Am I?" I raised a brow.

"Isn't Camelot the place with that sword? The Holy Sword? You can't really expect us to let them go now can you?" He shrugged, seeming to have no choice. "And why so protective over this king? Some sort of fling to get over your pathetic crush on Meliodas?"

"Well, yes; it is the place with the Holy Sword. But their king is young, he has yet to tap into the sword's power and if you promise me his safety, I'll make sure that his powers are never used against you." I'm sorry Arthur, but it's for your own good.

For the good of my conditions, I chose to ignore his last comment.

"That's still not enough to convince me."

"I know you want to see me fight Meliodas, Gloxinia. I see it in your dead eyes. You want to see me freeze up and crumble. You want to see me break. And I'll let you; I can't promise the outcome will be as you expect, but I'll give you a show that's worth everything I'm asking for." I promised.

He was silent, rubbing his chin as he thought about my offer.

"It does sound promising..."