Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Just a quick warning. This chapter is an ugly mess with a whole lot of random info. (Nothing in this chapter is canon btw)

Anger.

Pure, untouched wrath.

I snapped.

-

Darkness.

I'd grown used to the sensation.

So used to it, that I'd learnt that fighting it was futile. Resistance, was futile. I could either let it consume me and take me in the worst way, or I could embrace it; I could welcome it.

So when once again I found myself shrouded in darkness, I figured that I had nothing holding me back from embracing it fully. Nothing for me to try and stay in the light for like the imposter I was.

Heart, body and soul.

I took it all.

Till there was no more of me left to be devoured by the greedy essence. I was suffocating in its embrace and yet I was equally shrouded in a freedom I was yet to have experienced.

It was thrilling.

I loved it.

More than you love him? A small voice asked.

It was the same one as from my dream. The one that continuously distorted shifting between sounding male and female before merging into multiple voices all at once. 

'Yes.' I thought to myself- the voice- whatever it was I was talking to, brushing away the fact that I was encouraging a conversation with something that was clearly powerful if it was able to intrude on my thoughts and dreams. 'More than I love him.'

Don't lie to me little girl. The voice hissed and suddenly it was as though the darkness that I was quickly becoming comfortable with was closing in on me, restraining my breaths and slowing my heart.

My head was attacked with a sudden headache, a migraine, and all I could do was firm it all as the darkness turned its back on me.

What else would I have to turn to?

Now I'll ask again. Do you love the freedom more than you love Meliodas?

I shook my head, instantly regretting it as the sharp pain ruthlessly rushing through it increased in both intensity and ferocity.

Suddenly, it was like the darkness had all burned away as I was flooded, drowned, by light so intense, it seemed like darkness- worse than.

I felt blind, yet I could still see the painfully bright light.

"Stop." I croaked out, but my efforts were wasted as the light seemed to rush towards me, strangling my body.

"I've given you too many chances, little girl. So many opportunities to run, to free yourself from the demon race. And yet, even after your love fell for another, you still refuse to listen. What else must you see little girl, for you to understand that your place is not by the throne of the demons?"