Chapter Six

Quick A/N: Are my chapters worth the wait??

-

I suddenly felt a heavy weight in my pocket and looking at what it was, I saw the necklace Hendrickson had thrown at me.

It made perfect sense.

There was no one else it could have possibly been.

-

My fist clenched around the necklace and as I wrapped it around my hand like a bracelet, I made a mental note to ask him about it before destroying that smug face of his. He'd die for what he did to me.

Like I said, when something annoys me I get rid of it.

I sensed a surge of power from a location towards the East and so made my way there. I had to rub my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

There was no way Hendrickson had gotten his hands on a Red Demon right?

Right?

I made my way down the cave and was shocked when I saw something that completely ruined the balance of my life.

A severed Grey Demon's head and the body of a Shadowbeast.

Shadowbeasts were creatures my father kept locked under the ruins of a castle that used to belong to his father over three millennia ago.

They were vicious and almost untameable. My father had lost an arm trying to control them when someone thought it would be funny to set them free *cough* Creede *cough*.

His darling wife had done a great job patching him up and creating an even better arm for him so it was fine.

The beast was covered in experimental scars and the fact that they were there and hadn't healed meant that the beast was very much dead and had probably been pumped with all sorts of chemicals and elixirs to halt it's healing, giving whoever was behind it all plenty of time to extract whatever they needed without having to continuously recut the same area.

It was disgusting.

I'd managed to tame one for about ten minutes when Creede set them free and they weren't evil creatures... until it tried to tear my face off.

They were wonderful... from a great distance.

Despite our rocky past, the beasts were are part of my home and the way this one had been utterly disrespected lit a fire in me that Hendrickson would need to stay well away from if he wanted to survive.

Its red and black fur that had the occasional patch of dark grey scales was matted with its purple blood and a few bits of its dark, maggot covered flesh were on the floor.

Some of the cuts still dripped with blood, meaning he'd very recently cut into it and I saw an empty chalice on the ground that had a purple liquid that was too thick to be any type of fine wine.

This man was fucking crazy.

No one would want the highly acidic blood of a Shadowbeast anywhere near their skin, let alone in their mouth so it can enter their system!

Unless he'd forced it down someone else's throat which wouldn't be all that surprising.

By the head of the grey demon, there was a syringe which meant that Hendrickson had the blood of three creatures of darkness in his body.

That crazy human-demon-wannabe-thing.

I heard fighting and immediately went to where it was, finding a grassy location behind the cave.