Chapter Eleven

"I can't believe you and Merlin just ditched me like that." I said as I pulled back.

He was about to reply when a large presence smashed into the ground, filling the area with smoke.

-

As the smoke cleared up, I was able to see what it was that had landed in front of us.

"Hmm I thought it would take me seventy steps to get here... I guess I'm a little rusty after 3000 years." He said to himself.

Despite it having been multiple centuries, I recognised that cocky voice.

"Galand of Truth." I murmured at the same time Meliodas said "you're Galand of the Ten Commandments."

"It's been a while Meliodas." He mused. "And Ashe too, what a surprise."

Galand let out a laugh as he walked forward.

Looking back, I don't know why I chose him of all the commandments to be one of my friends. Sure he was good at mind games but we didn't click like I did with Monspeet and Derieri, or even Zeldris.

"To think that after all this time, the two of you look like that." He scoffed.

Diane was trembling, which was a given considering the situation she was in. It wasn't everyday one of the Demon King's elite faced you.

"Merlin." Hawk began. "It seems like my Magical Eye is broken. I mean, this can't be right, can it? A power level of 26,000?"

It was sad that they might die now. Galand looked really bored and was probably looking for a bit of entertainment after being sealed for so long.

Of course, against him, I'd help the Sins without hesitation. After all, it was always a competition between me and Galand.

"His power level is much higher than we'd expect, but something seems off. What's his magic?"

"Umm.. it's zero?! What's going on? The magic eye must really be broken!"

"No. It's the effect of the seal. It's left all of them with none of their magic so while the gap between power levels is vast... this is the best chance you have.

Though theoretically speaking, all of you Sins would stand equally with him if you worked together. At the moment you're at 11,330 which is less than half, that's without counting me, Arthur and the Holy Knights. This isn't going to go well." I summed up.

Despite what it seemed, I was actually smart. Just a little bit. Creede was the better strategist though, if only he'd take things more seriously.

"Quite a lot had changed since I've been gone. But one thing that's stayed the same is human's annoying habit of flocking together." The demon expressed as he took his weapon and levelled the area.

"Now things are so much airier." Galand sighed in bliss. "Meliodas, I've been wanting to have a nice, long sparring match with you! Ashe, maybe after I win we can play a game of chess while you explain to me why you chose to stay with this deceitful traitor."

"I mean, why not." I shrugged.

Meliodas suddenly jumped up and slashed at Galand, managing to cut a part of his neck.