Bonus Chapter 3

I've wanted to do this one for a while so here's Ashe and Anra's first meeting.

-

Creede continued to make his stupid jokes from next to me as we walked past the wastelands.

There was no form of life for miles, which was suspicious considering Lilia had told us that one of her birds had flown over and saw someone.

"Listen A, what if whoever it is just died huh? Maybe we're too late." Creede turned to me, his amber eyes narrowing.

"We need to confirm their death first. I'm not leaving on a 'maybe'." I snapped, continuing to walk forward.

"Okay fine, let's get this over with." He sighed, taking out his sword that was similar to my daggers.

He ran forward, his amber eyes now bright red as he searched for someone, anyone.

I went another way, knowing that we wouldn't lose each other thanks to our necklaces that were made from the same stone and so were linked.

For what felt like hours, we searched every part of the wastelands, before meeting up again.

"There's no one here Ashe. The toxins in the air have already started to affect us so what makes you think someone other than us would be able to survive?" Creede told me, tired of aimlessly wondering around.

"Fine." I finally said.

We made our way to the sealed gate that bordered the wastelands from the rest of the realm.

Just as Creede was about to stab his sword through the keyhole, I heard a sound.

"Wait." I told him, holding a manicured hand out.

"Now what." Creede huffed, holding his sword back.

I turned to the left of the gate and under a pile of to rubble was a petite girl.

She had short, dark brown hair that barely passed her neck and dimmed gold eyes. Most of her was covered in dark blood so I couldn't gather much more of her appearance.

I carefully walked towards her, crouching in front of her so I could get a closer look.

She didn't blink at all, simply staring up while her limbs were twisted in unnatural positions.

"He-lp." I heard her say.

"Creede, get your ass over here and help me!" I called to my brother.

"Uh, now what?" He huffed as he walked over, making it evident with his steps that he was on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

"What the fuck?" He whispered when he saw the girl.

"We need to get her to Lilia." I told him, carefully trying to lift the wounded broken girl while Creede helped me.

I finally got her onto my back, not allowing Creede to carry her in her fragile state.

My dimwit of a brother unlocked the gate and in a wisp of shadows, we no longer in front of that gate, but were instead in front of Lilia's mansion.

We rushed past the main hall, going down to her lab.

Her back was facing us and she was stood over the severely and wounded body of a Shadowbeast; she'd managed to create an injection that calmed it down enough for her to be able to safely work on it.

It was one of the remnants of the Hybrid Civil War.

I'd used the original serum, but it quickly wore off and resulted in a wound I didn't want to have again.