Chapter Thirteen

"Huh? Of course not." Meliodas replied scratching the nape of his neck. "Everything I love is right here." He pointed to his heart.

"Let's get going then." I said, getting rid of imperfect sphere and allowing the darkness to consume us once more.

-

We followed Zaneri back to the rest of the group where we found everyone waiting.

"Let's get started guys!" Jenna cheerfully spoke.

"I'm not really in the mood." King dismissed.

"I mean that's totally fine." Jenna began, "though I doubt the Ten Commandments would care if you were in the mood or not when they want to fight you."

Suddenly, a hole seemed to open up in the sky next to King and a large hound with yellow spots decorating its dark fur entered.

"That's a black hound! How rare!" Jenna said in awe.

"Alright, everyone who wishes to train, head to the entrance." She ordered, snapping back to her serious tone. "And make sure to remove all your equipment."

"Meliodas, let's spar." Creede said as he placed his sword next to his cloak, his shirt also off exposing his tan chest and abs.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes when he tried flexing to Jenna.

"Oh no no no, no sparring. You're going to take an ash staff and fight whatever awaits you inside." She said as she whacked Creede on the head with the enchanted stick leaving a bruise on his head which quickly healed.

I also joined them, thinking that it could help me with my physical skill.

"Lady Ashe, are you also going?" Elizabeth asked.

I nodded, forgetting to smile at the girl as I wondered why Creede wanted to fight Meliodas.

He was smart, a good fighter and strategist, and hated doing anything unless it was absolutely necessary.

Fighting Meliodas, while it would be fun, would also be a chore.

A slight look of hurt flashed across Elizabeth's face as she mistook my expression as one of annoyance towards her.

I'd deal with that later.

"So you refuse to go in King?" I asked the fairy. "Are you also going to refuse to fight the Commandments and just sit back while the rest of your team do everything? While they sacrifice their lives for you?" I shook my head slightly in mock.

He grit his teeth and quickly asked Jenna if he could join as well.

"What changed your mind?" She asked, acting as though she hadn't just heard what I'd said him.

He gave a short reply and got ready to go in.

"You'd have to go in with Hendy." Jenna said before I cut in.

"That's not necessary Jenna, I'll go in with him." I grinned.

"Huh? Why do I need to go in with either of them?!!"