The Long Night

I am sorry about last week. I have being busy...

🅿️36

" He didn't tell me anything I saw him leaving the compound". Bello said. "And you didn't stop him or inform us? Also why didn't you followed him when you know he was new here in the village". Ardo quickly said in anger. " Don't worry too much brother I am sure he will be just fine insha Allah". Alh.Gidado said trying calm his brother worry's. " Go and gather your brothers and look for him we will be going to do the same thing now!". Angry Ardo said loudly in his anger. He got up saying. " And you call Aisha and ask her ok?". He added. "Alright brother". Alh.Gidado hurried said.

“ I wonder where your brother disappeared to”. Haj.Aisha said looking at them eating. “ What do you mean mother? I am sure he will not  lost he is grown man mother”. Wudi said. “ who knows if he went out to check out on his darling bride”. Hady said, ending her last word with a laugh. “ yeyeye. Whatever!”. Wudi replied to Hady. “ you guys are very funny walh”. Ahijjo said, staring at them. “ look, young man, will you please mind your business?”. Wudi said. “ don’t you dare insult me, if not  hmm”. “ what ca…”. “ Shut up all of you!”. Haj. Aisha shout at them. “ I am worried sick here about your brother and you guys all you could do  here is adding to my disturbance, throwing insult at one another. If it wasn’t serious your father wouldn’t have call to asked me”. She said. You can feel the disturbance in her voice and the fear. She is so scared of what Jauro might have done to him.

       “I should go to them and look for my brother”. Ahijjo said. He removed his hand from his food and got up. Haj. Aisha got up quickly after him. “let’s go”. She said. They both left the room very quickly. The room went all silent as everyone is thinking of something or tha other. “Mother are you going with me?”. Ahijjo asked. She didn’t answered his questioned she left him standing in front of the room. He followed her quickly.

" Datti Datti! Where have you being?". Ardo said looking at his nephew. Datti who is so scared look at his Baffah and his father with a teary eyes. " I...I...". " He got lost somewhere around!". Yidi hurried said. She don't want him to inform them about what has happened. " And you where did you went to at this late hour? I haven't I warned you to stop going out such times?". Ardo angrily said looking at Yidi.  "Datti is that blood?". Alh.Gidado asked his son. There was light in the compound so he can see everything. Datti quickly started shaking scaredly. both Datti and Yidi looked at each other. "He got hurt on his one of his hand". Yidi answered quickly lowering her head.

      " Subhanallahi!". Ardo said. " I think we brought First Aid right?". Alh.Gidado said. Datti didn't answer his father back which makes them worried about him if the wound is deep. " Bello!". Ardo called out Bello's name. " I forgot they are not around, I want him to take him to native doctor". Ardo said. " Kawu, I know first aid I will help him with his wound". Yidi said. Ardo want to stop but before he could both Yidi and Datti left them, they both are surprised by how they left especially Ardo does not know anything First Aid. " Who is that girl brother?". Alh.Gidado asked. When Datti and Yidi disappear in front of them.

Ardo giggles. " That is Haruna's daughter. Atine elder brother that lives in Jos, hope you remember him?". " Oh oh! Eyyerh, how can I forget ever forget him me and him used to be closed friends back then". Alh.Gidado hurriedly stated. " Life life! Hmm, did I told you he was killed during that Jos fights?". " Yes you did. May his soul rest in peace Ameen". Alh.Gidado replied to his brother with so much concerned. They both say the last word together.

“I wonder where that evil serpant went to, he kept me waiting. Stupid man!”. She said shooking her head walking at the same time. “ Mo…th..er”. he said his voice trembling seeing the woman in front of them.  “ Ah ah! What is that your name again? Ahmmm”. Atine said trying to recalled Ahijjo’s name. “ Atine! Is that you?”. Haj. Aisha asked. Atine giggled. “yes my friend is me. And where are you going in a hurry like this?”. Atine asked looking around. “ Ahijjo go, I will come and meet you hope you can go on your own?”. “ yes, I can”. He replied. “ alright then go slowly and don’t get lost ok”. “ yes mother”. He replied and left them standing.

        “ I was on my way to see you. Alhamdulillah I found you out  here”. Haj. Aisha stated, looking at Atine. Hearing she was out for her Atine giggles. “ but why here let’s go home and discussed”. “ No, here is the right place”. Atine giggles again. “ I wonder what could be the reason for such big city woman to look for me at this hour. Is anything the matter? Hope I did not commit any terrible thing Shatu?”.  Haj.Aisha nod her head and smiles. “ you are still the same you can never change Atine”. Atine laugh a little bit loud. “ how could i? when you yourself are still the same”. They both laugh.

“Let’s me go to the straight point”. Haj.aisha seriously stated. Atine breath heavily as she know something like this will happened soon, she was expecting it but not so soon like this. “ I am all ears”. Atine calmly replied. “ There was these secret of mine long time ago before I had left this village that only you and I knew about isn’t it?”. Haj.aisha asked. Atine didn’t replied immediately they both went quite for some minutes. “ Uhm! I can’t seem to remember an secret that is between us so…what exactly are you referring to because we have a lot of things together but…secret thing...uhm…can’t recall gaskiya! We should go home it’s getting late”. Atine gently stated trying to ignore the questioned. Haj.Aisha nodded her head with smile on her face. “ Atine seriously? Did you told him about that secret?”. Haj.aisha sadly asked. “ look Shatu, Ardo will start looking for me good night”. She turne and started walking away. “ Atine Atine! Hmm”. She stopped hearing how haj.Aisha was saying her name.

       She turned back and looked. “ Shatu, go back and get some rest we will talk about it tomorrow”. She said and went away. Haj. Aisha is so heart broken by her friend reaction. She can tell by her action her secret is no longer a secret. She was about to go when Ahijjo suddenly approaches her. “ Mother Mother! My brother is back”. “Alhamdulillahi”. She replied in a very low voice. Ahijjo wanted to report something her but with her mood he couldn't. So he  quickly bide her a good night and went back because he and his brother have to stay in Ardo’s house. His father mother and sisters will stay at the other house.

“ Dada’an, are you saying none of them mentioned Boddo since they arri…”. “Shut up Innawuro! What are you saying? Or do you want her to heard and get upset?”. Asma’u shut Innawuro who is very sad that nobody called Boddo to meets them since their arrival. Not even to see the one person she has being dreaming to see all these while. “did you guys has some food?”. Asma’u asked. Innawuro nod her head. “ why? As much as I can remembered I have sent  you guys food, then why did you people choose to stay hungry?”. She added, looking at Innawuro angrily this time.

            “ Is not my fault”. Innawuro said quickly. “ Not your fault, really?”. Asma’u said staring at Innawuro continuesly. Innawuro turned away quickly as she don’t want to upset her mother more at this late hour. “ I am asking you Innawuro who’s fault is it? was it mine then since you said is not yours?”. Asma’u said angrily venting her frustration, she was sad from the beginning since she got back from them as how they ignored asking for Boddo or even showing any care. Moreover she thinks Shatu has changed a lot that she couldn’t care to asked. Even if anyone asked from her family members she thought she is one of them she will as Boddo will be marrying her son unless she was against the marriage.

Boddo who was listening to the conversation without them knowing she  wipe her tears. ‘so now is all true what the villagers were saying all this while?  that Bappah son will never like a village girl like me? I am such a fool to think that I will marry someone like him or Boddo! It will be better if I marry Manga…yes yes! Atleast he likes me a lo…”. “Boddo come out and eat”. Innawuro cut her from her thought. “ eh…you…sa…”. “come let's eat. I have being begging you to eat since but you wouldn’t listened and now my mother scolded me because of that”. Innauro stated Furiously.

       Boddo laugh loudly. “ just look at your face”. Boddo said motioning her  face with her finger laughing at the same time. Innawuro started touching her face with hand. “ Boddo what’s that on my face please show me”. Innawuro said moving closer to Boddo showing her face, which is making Boddo laughing more. “ You are very funny sis. I love you my hilarious sister”. Hearing this Innawuro try catching Boddo run back inside. “you won’t be able to catch me Innawuro”. Boddo loudly said. They both laugh a lot before seating to eat.

Asma’u who was sitting inside her room smile, as the bound between the little girls is very strong. Suddenly her mood went back to it’s sadness knowing they are going to partways soon. And she is so much in fear for Boddo now, she belives there are a lot of challengies waiting for her. “I will always pray that everything will be just fine for you insha Allahu, Allah will make it easy for you my daughter”. She said.

See you on or next page...🙏