Dinner with You

Mature language, mentions of underage drinking

George POV-

I was excited about seeing Wilbur again, I told him to meet me at a diner we always went to when we were friends, its called Cannon Diner.

I told him to meet me when it was getting dark, it was always better at night.

I was half way there when Karl called me, I answered the call as the light went red "Hey Karl, whatsup?" I ask.

"Where have you been all day man, why weren't you at lunch? Are you ok? Where are you right now?" He asked worried.

"Karl I'm fine, I was with uh Wilbur at lunch, I'm meeting him right now."  I told him, I wasn't telling the place or he would come running.

"Ok good, with Wilbur? Is there a new thing I don't know about yet?" The light turns green "No, we're just meeting for lunch or dinner, some shit like that I don't know, its not like that though."

"Ok, but when are you gonna be done me and quack are hanging out right now and we want you here."

"I think I'm gonna be with him all night but I'll tell you when we're done, ok?" Hes like my mom, but more overprotective.

"Yep sounds fine, tell me everything after!" He makes it sound like a date "its not a date Karl!" "Keep telling yourself that byeee!" Then he hung up.

I knew he was messing with me so I didn't overthink what he said . I arrived to the diner, Wilbur was waiting in his car outside.

I parked next to him, we got out of our cars in sync. "Hey George, you ready to go inside?" He asked putting his keys in his pocket.

"Yep, new car- or sorry should I say old car?" I asked pointing to his car holding back a little laugh, I'm not too sure what it is exactly but I know its an old car.

"Yeah, its a 1970 Chevelle bitch and it will always be better than whatever your car is." He said walking towards the diner with a grin on his face.

"Whatever nerd!" I said running towards him. "Ladies first." He said opening the door for me. "Wow, he has manners ok." I said walking through the door.

He put his arm around me as we went up to the front counter to get the menus. Once we got them we walked around looking for our booth we used to sit in.

I pointed to it and we sat down, it was next to one of the front windows.
(Lol its giving riverdale)

"So, why did you wanna hang out Georgie?" He asked looking through the menu. "I just wanted to hang out with you, we haven't talked in a long time and I wanted to I dunno hang out."

"Alright, so what have you been doing lately?" He asked, I was thinking of something interesting to tell him when our waiter came to our table.

"How are you guys doing today?" And of course it just had to be her. "We've been good thank you." Wilbur said looking at me.

"Good what can I get you guys to drink?" She asked getting her note pad out. "We'll have two strawberry milkshakes, and to eat I'll have a toasti- sorry a grilled cheese" I said watching Lauren write my order down.

Wilbur giggled at my mess up "and I'll have a burger with fries" he said looking up at Lauren to make sure she wrote it down.

"Ok will that be it?" She asked looking at me, she had a weird expression on her face, it was for a split second though.

We nodded our heads "Uh ok great that'll be with you guys in a bit!" She had a weird tone in her voice.

Me and Wilbur looked at eachother with confused looks on our face.

"What was that?" I asked giggling "I have no idea, why was she so weird?" I was trying to stop laughing but it was uncontrollable.

"Oh I know! Its because you almost said 'toastie', no one in America knows what a toastie is idiot!" He said giggling while I was barley able to breath.

"Stop laughing so loud you'll get us kicked out!" He said putting his hand flat in the table.

Once I calmed down I apologized "Sorry sorry, oh god my stomach hurts now." He only rolled his eyes.

"So? What have you been doing lately?" He asked again. "Nothing really, my life's boring. I've been hanging out with Karl and Quackity, I'm still playing minecraft, uhh yeah thats it honestly."

"Really? Thats it? Come on really think I wanna know, it doesn't have to be that interesting- it doesn't even have to be recently, just something that happened since we stopped talking." I felt a little guilty about us not talking but I didn't say anything.

I thought about it a little more. "Ok, well uh I became a fucking alcohol, then I became self aware but didn't stop so I tried drawing to distract me but that didn't work. Then Quackity also started drinking a lot so I just gave up trying to stop drinking and started drinking with him-" I stopped myself because I realized I was over sharing.

"Yeah.." I sat awkwardly fidgeting with my rings. "George you can over share all you want I don't care, as long as you're comfortable." He reassuringly.

I sighed "Ok well uh- oh my dad got caught drinking and driving so now I drive his car" I said pointing to my car.

"I don't know I still draw, I'm alright at it. Like I said my life isn't interesting." I said shrugging. "Well can you draw something for me?" He asked getting a napkin.

"Sure but there's nothing to draw with." I said looking around. "Hm, true." He got up and ran up to the front, he was saying something to the woman there but I couldn't really hear him.

He came back with a red pen "Here." He passed me the pen, I looked at him then back at the pen. I thought of something to draw, I decided on drawing him, he's pretty enough so why not.

"Ok but you can't look, since its a pen it's gonna take longer alright." His eyebrows twitched "Why's it gonna take longer?" I shook my head "its pen so I can't erase what I mess up." I said looking at his features.

"And don't move." He smiled "Are you drawing me Georgie?" He tried not to smile at the way he said "Georgie" "Yes, so don't move!" I said drawing his jawline first.

He was talking about a book he read, Criers War I believe, when our food came out.

"Sorry for the wait, the grilled cheese was burned a couple times, here's your guy's milkshakes, and your burger" she said giving Wilbur his food "and here's your grilled cheese, would you guys like something else with your meals?"

Wilbur looked at me and I shook my head "Nope that'll be it thank you!" Wilbur said looking back at her. She tapped the table and left.

"Here you go sir, there's your drawing" I gave him the napkin, he had a little surprised look on his face, it brought me joy.

"I hate it." He said stuffing it in his shirt pocket, I gave him a little chuckle "thank you, it was hard, I don't really specialize in drawing on napkins." I said stealing one of his fries.

"What the hell! You have your own fries dont take mine!" He swatted away my hand from taking another "but I want yours!" I whined.

"Fine then I'll take one of yours." He reached over to my plate "fuck off, eat your own food!" I said laughing "no fuck you I want your food!" He kept trying to take my fries when I heard a loud voice "JORGE YOURE HERE!"

A/N-

Sorry for not updating a lot! I've been a little busy but I'll try to be more active. You guys like the cliff hanger tho??