IV. Tribute and Reverence

"...Moreover, the temples you see on the right were also from a forest, mostly part of a chain of early sanctuaries when Hera was among the very first to have such a large string of worship centers, so add that to your list of places to visit, the priestesses would be most interested in meeting their new patron, and it is quite important you remember ... Hebe? Girl!"

Hebe quickly jerked her head from a small altar that now was working as a makeshift desk and mumbled,

"Ah? Uhhhh, yea, 'nother sanctuary, temple, yea..."

Athena glared down at her pupil and said,

"... I trust that you were playing CLOSE attention at what will become your new purpose in the cosmos, is that right...?"

Hebe looked up at Athena and whined,

"I ammmmmm... I'm just TIRED, you've been doin' this for so long, my old job was more simple...!"

Athena rolled her eyes and opened up another map of temples and snapped,

"Yes, yes, yet you're now BURDENED with the task of becoming the new She-Ruler of the cosmos, oh, I DO feel for you, Hebe...!"

Hebe reddened and said quietly,

"It's ... it's not like that, Athena ..."

Athena looked like if she was about to really get pissed off, but then she took a deep breath, and then said more gently,

"Look, Hebe ... I understand that this may be quite a responsibility and change from what you are accustomed to, but listen here...!"

Hebe cocked her head and said with a slight edge in her quiet voice,

"I was happy with what I was doing before, and this is kinda forever, so I'm really, really SORRY if this makes me kinda worried...!"

Athena looked up at the ceiling for a moment and said,

"So what you're worried about is if you're going to be mildly happy in your new role in the cosmos, am I right? Well, I can understand where you are coming from, little one, your previous job mostly consisted in just serving Zeus' punch just right ... still, there is nothing for you to worry about, you just listen to your Father, and to me, and there should be no misunderstandings there! Think of this as a PROMOTION, because thanks to your loyalty to your family, you have earned the right to the position. You're welcome."

With a satisfied look, Athena turned to her maps and started to smooth them out on a makeshift cork-board.

Hebe slowly nodded slowly and said, "I-I like that, I like that really much, but it'll still be tricky, to, like ... like fill in my Mother's shoes, 'cos..."

Athena spun around from the cork board and slammed her right hand on the altar, making a loud,

BAM!

and startling Hebe badly as Athena shouted,

"STOP ... MENTIONING ... YOUR MOTHER!!"

Hebe's hands had flown to her mouth and was looking up in terrified shock at Athena, realizing in panic that she has been definitely pushing her luck a wee bit too far...!

Athena then straightened up and glared down at her, saying in a slow but commanding voice,

"You are supposed to UNDERSTAND by now that your Mother is a traitor who never was anything more than be a whiney, complaining shrew who went ON in history as an antagonist for heroes and beat up pregnant women, THAT'S her legacy .... Do you understand ...?!"