From an Ancient Nightmare

23

.

Yo recuerdo a mi papito [I remember my Father]

Y no me importa estar solito [And I don’t care about being alone]

Porque me llevan a las tierras [Because I’m taken to the land]

Donde al fin podré de nuevo [Where I’ll be able to again….]

Respirar adentro y hondo [...Breathe inwards and deeply]

Alegrías del corazón [Happiness of the Heart]

Respirar adentro y hondo [Breath inwards and deeply]

Alegrías del corazón [Happiness of the Heart]

Y no me digas pobre [And don’t call me poor]

Por ir viajando así [For traveling like this]

¿No ves que estoy contento? [Don’t you see I’m content?]

¿No ves que voy feliz? [Don’t you see I’m happy?]

Viajando en este tren [Traveling in this train]

En este tren al Sur [In this train to the south]

.

.

.

    So … she wasn’t lying when she said there were investigations of the police … here they are alright … Now I need to change the passwords … AGAIN. Can’t have this traced back to us even worse now, can we… 

    Hera grimaced as she scrolled through the sheer amount of PDF’s littering what used to be Aphrodite’s account-

    (Not QUITE her account … I gave it to her, it’s a joint account, basically … God, how much did she WRITE-?!)

    … and hesitated near the delete option in the drop-down menu.  

    Hera hates to admit this, but they were all … genuinely amazing drafts of brute investigation and calling these efforts capable was a gross understatement-

     For shame, Hera, getting sentimental now are we…?

    Hera forced a smile and firmly clicked the button. It was disheartening to see them all whisk away in one swift animation, seemingly flushed down her esophagus as her body had an almost physical reaction to the sight.

 The horrible feeling she’s had all evening just wouldn’t leave. 

 Hera closed her eyes and slammed the laptop shut, pushing it a little farther back to the kitchen table, before seeing a sharp movement out of the corner of her eye. She wasn’t all that surprised, she felt in a much too crappy mood to do so, and might as well, since it was only Hebe, who had stuck out from under the furniture-chair-bed sheet homemade Tent in the living room, nervously craning her neck towards Hera like a Meerkat.

Hera forced her smile to be more genuine. 

  “I am sorry to startle you, just been having a bad day, that’s all.”

 Hebe slowly retreated back into her little hide-out, and went back to accommodating a make-shift bed from several blankets for herself and her Mother. Last night she had woken Hera up a couple times out of fear of seeing something across the room, making Hera finally reach her wit’s end and agree to them both sleeping in the living room instead of the bedroom where any Cow-Ghouls might stalk the night. Just right for preparing a Base for war, if you will. She just wished her Mother would see it the same way, but she was currently too busy staring through the wall to think about this… after all, Hera can quickly move from one thought to another, but holding together several worries at the same time just isn’t really her.