his idea of fun³

"ow, that really fucking hurt," renjun said, slowly getting to his feet and wiping mulch off of his light-coloured clothing. it was a bad idea to wear white since those brown stains on his shirt unfortunately stood out. jeno shook his head.

"renjun, you swore! that's not very holy," he said with an attempted frown, but a smile made it's way onto his face. renjun shot him a glare in reaction.

"like i said, no you're not," he huffed. "i don't care if you thrive in chaos because you're a demon, but i'm going to stop you every single time — "

"you didn't the first time," jeno said with a grin.

"oh shut up," renjun said exasperatedly. "no one else ended up slipping but me because that cleaner person that belonged to the human store moped it all up. so nothing even happened."

"you still didn't stop me from spilling the milk," jeno pointed out. "only attempted to with that painful ear grip you do. why do you pull so hard?"

renjun doesn't respond, giving him a look of rather haughty disdain before turning to the human. "ignore him. his idea of fun involves being a troublemaker."

"he said he's a rebel and a rule breaker," jeno told renjun cheerfully before looking at jaemin. he wanted to shrink smaller enough to fall through one of the holes of the bench. he had lied and why did the demon believe him again? he hesitated before saying anything else, renjun still looking at him.

he's saved from answering but at the cost of another. he hears a loud cry of 'uncle nana!' from near the swings. jaemin turns his head away and immediately stands up to hurry over there. shotaro's voice had been full of pain and he could easily tell he hurt himself.

jaemin crouches down in front of where shotaro was sitting on the mulch, covering his right knee with both of his hands. jaemin tries to pry his hands away, but the younger refuses. his friend awkwardly stood nearby, his eyes directed elsewhere. shotaro's uncle sighs. "i need to see it. how did you hurt your knee?"

shotaro eventually listens, revealing bloody cut, mumbling about slipping and falling on the sidewalk and scraping his knee in process. jaemin let's the other put his arm around his neck and lean on him as he helps walk him home, not saying goodbye to either the demon unlike the last time they met or the angel.

"i hope that boy is okay," renjun said softly.

"that cut looked disgusting," jeno scrunching up his nose. he really hoped pretty boy would stick around longer. "i really do like jaemin. i wanna see him again."

"jaemin?" renjun says, sounding perplexed as he gave a jeno a look. "who's that?"

"that cute rebel and rule breaker," jeno reminded him with a smirk, taking his sunglasses from his jacket pocket. renjun gave him another frown before speaking again.

"i'd rather not have to look out for a mortal when you decide to return to your usual dumb antics," the angel said with a certain tone of his voice. jeno tilted his head to the side, deciding not to put his shades back on. an idea formed in his head and he just needed to tease his guardian angel about it.

"what? are you jealous that i like him too?" jeno asked. before the angel could angrily snap at him, he spoke again. "don't worry, i still have a crush on you. no need to feel jealous or anything, sweetie."

"i- what?" renjun went red in the face. "you have a what on me?"

jeno finally puts his sunglasses back on before adjusting the collar of his leather jacket, not bothering to address that. "c'mon, let's head back home before our dads send a search party after us."

"you actually care for once, what a surprise," renjun was happy he moved on, but he was still a bit flustered. what the actual fuck? wait, a proper, swear-free correction: what the actual heck?

~*~

"you need to get outside the house for once," yuta comments when jaemin finally steps off the last step and makes a beeline for the tv. he gives his half-brother an annoyed look before flopping down onto the couch. yuta keeps talking after the lack of any response. "you know, breathe in the outside air."

"i know what going outside means," jaemin retorted before turning the tv on. "i don't want to."

"just because you can't go to school for a month doesn't mean you can't leave the house," yuta says, just having to remind the younger about his suspension. jaemin turns around on the couch, shooting his brother another annoyed look.

"hey, i took shotaro to the playground a few days ago," he replied with a frown. yuta acknowledges that with a nod before he's talking again.

"true, but i think sicheng needs help around the house again. i have work to do, but i'll gladly tell my husband that you're willing to help him out."

that's how jaemin went back to the playground that day to sit on the swings. it was empty since, of course, everyone else but him as at school, but it's not like he would've played with any of them anyways. at the moment he'd rather be alone, especially free from his nagging half-brother and in-law. he grabs onto the chains holding the swing seat up, lightly swigging back and forth as he stares at his old dirty blue trainers.

he checks his watch every now and then, waiting for lunch time to roll around, but it's only two hours away. two hours of swinging at a playground so his brother won't bother him about not going outside. after a few more minutes of lightly going back and forth, he checks his watch again. not much time has passed, to his luck. exactly a minute later, he hears a cracking sound. he stops suddenly, looking around for a certain familiar face.

but he doesn't right away. instead, he stands up to look for the demon. or, it could easily be the angel as well. he leaves the swing behind, heading for the playhouse, glancing up inside of it, but there was no one there. he then walks to the side, seeing renjun, eyes looking side to side. he soon spots jaemin looking at him and walks up to him with his hands on his hips.

"hey," he says, clearly sounding upset. "jeno said he was going to the human world and of course, i tried to stop him because his dad said he had to stay home today, but his arse went anyways! i thought he'd go here, but i can't see him anywhere — "

"me neither," jaemin retorts. renjun looked surprised at those words.

"he said he wanted to see you again," he mumbled quietly so the human's ears didn't catch those words. "well, the best case scenario is that he went to that human store or something."

from the way they talk, jaemin could tell renjun and jeno clearly weren't from here and apparently didn't have grocery stores since they didn't know what was it even called. then jaemin remembered when jeno asked him to help him hide from renjun because he figured the angel might "fancy a game of hide-and-seek."

"he might be hiding from you," jaemin thought aloud, making renjun nod slowly in agreement.

"sounds like his idea of fun," the angel snorted. "can you help me? four eyes is better than two."

"i — "

"thank you, that is very much appreciated," renjun said with a smile before the human could respond. he grabbed his arm and suddenly, shut his eyes close, making them disappearing in thin air with a loud cracking noise.