second bonus chapter³⁸

years later...

angel king na yun hears a familiar cracking noise sounding from the main hall and of course, he goes to greet the new arrival. he finds himself immediately smiling when he sees his daughter, who came straight home from probably a tiring day at school.

the fourteen-year-old had a habit of complaining that school was always tiring, sapping the young angel of any energy she had left (according to her) and she was always happy to go into her room and land face-first on her bed before napping for a few hours straight. yun's father, jaemin, always tells him it's because baozhai was a rather quiet baby and hardly cried. she never had the energy to.

"how was school?" comes the voice of the second king, jungmyung, joining them, showing his ability to teleport silently. he engulfs baozhai into his arms tightly and she hugs him back, although a little awkwardly.

"it was tiring," she says, as usual.

yun knows why jungmyung was always rather... soft on her. attempts to have a kid before she was born ended in misery and pain, and when she was born healthy, it was the light in their life that they needed. her name was chosen for a reason, as she was the treasure they were finally blessed with.

once his father lets her go, baozhai happily runs over to yun. "can i have some buns?"

"before your afternoon nap?" he asks with a smile and she nods. "okay, but ask the chefs yourself. they can't say no to you."

"yeah, because i'm a princess," she says with a proud in her eyes before she teleports away.

jungmyung eventually walks up to him too, kissing his cheek. "you think she's safe at school, right?"

yun nods. why would he ask that? well, he's just being a protective parent....

"well, i got told by han through one of his friends that some people are storming up trouble down south," he starts nervously. "they've not a fan of royalty...because of us."

"what do you mean?" the king asks. "why haven't i—?"

"i haven't gotten letters from our people down there either," jungmyung answers his question before he can ask it. "han's friend visited him and happened to mention it. he told jaebeom and told me to tell you as well. you two are the kings—you definitely need to know what to do."

"i need someone to confirm that," yun mumbles.

"their ideas that angels, demons, and humans shouldn't mix might start spreading," his husband goes on, ignoring him. "it needs to be contained and i won't unless we act now, yun."

"i know, but i need to confirm it," he stresses. "i'll send yang down there and i'll hear back from her. if we figure out exactly who's started this stuff up, we can send guards to stop it. okay?"

"okay..." jungmyung leans into the touch against his cheek from the other. "can we send a guard with baozhai to school and for prince hyeon. i think han for like that, too. for extra safety. you never know."

"i can arrange that," yun answers and kisses the king's cheek reassuringly.

with that, jungmyung feels good enough to teleport away, probably to find baozhai and join in on her buns binge or talk with the second demon king, han. it leaves yun alone to return to his study, immediately reaching for a quill and opening his drawer to pull out parchment.

he quickly scribbles down a letter addressed to yang and teleports his way to the mail room to give it to the mail angel who nods and quickly goes to do his job. yang lived in the king's trees, well in the heart of the southern half of the kingdom, and she has to have heard something by now. if the issues are brewing down south, she would've heard about it. or, if not, she can seek it out.