a non-soaked shirt²³

"nana, your shirt is a bit...." sicheng gestured to jaemin's messed up blue t-shirt, an expression of concerned mixed with confusion on his face. he had just walked over from the dinner table where his son was eating his after school snack.

jaemin scowled as he stepped into the house. "blame bae daehyun."

sicheng just looked more confused as he furrowed his eyebrows. "you didn't fight again, did you?"

"oh, no," jaemin shook his head, really wanting to dash upstairs to change into a dry shirt. "he "accidentally" ran into me and spilled hot coffee on me."

"aiyah!" sicheng said in surprise, his eyes then widening. "are you — "

"i'm fine," jaemin said quickly, seeing his nephew look curiously in his direction. "yangyang said it wasn't hot enough to severely burn me or anything."

"oh, well, that's good," sicheng immediately calmed down. "just... change your shirt and let me wash that one. unless you want to be smelling like coffee."

"as much as i love coffee, i'd rather not," jaemin said as he scrunched up his nose. with that, he hurried upstairs. it was satisfying to finally pull his shirt over his head and throw it aside, then pulling open his dresser to grab one of his oversized t-shirts.

all those shirts were kept in his bottom drawer. not by choice, but because sicheng prefers to "older" shirts in that one. all of them also belonged to yuta and he just gave them to his younger half-brother whenever he felt like it. jaemin quite liked that, actually. yuta owned some actual nice shirts.

he then left his shirt that stunk of coffee in the laundry room and headed back downstairs, though a part of him was still very much pissed. why did daehyun seem to like making his life a living hell? he seriously doesn't know what he did to make him treat him so poorly.

to make it worse, he can't even leave his best friends alone and just make fun of him only. it's like he has to drag them into everything as well. apparently, he might even be possibly crushing on donghyuck from what jaemin heard that he was acting like out of nowhere. it didn't make any sense — if you liked someone so much, why would you actively bully their best friend in front of them and expect them to actually return your feelings?

besides, donghyuck and mark are too smitten with each other for donghyuck to even consider him in the first place, even if he wasn't a bigheaded, greasy-haired arsehole.

he was still in a very bad mood as he walked back downstairs, heading over to dinner table to see what shotaro was doing now. his backpack lay beside the chair he was sitting on, zipped open. he was already starting on his homework, looking focused.

"need help?" he questioned.

shotaro shook his head. "it's too easy for me, uncle nana," he turned his head toward him and smiled brightly. jaemin doesn't know how he ended up with such an adorable nephew.

"ah, okay," jaemin turned to leave. "if you ever need help, just ask me i guess."

"i usually ask dad, but okay!" he called to his uncle's retreating back.

~*~

it's thursday and another day at school.

mark just wanted it to go by faster than normal, since he and donghyuck planned to have another "tutoring" session. school was so boring to the point it gained the ability to length days somehow.

not that he didn't like school. learning new things was a favourite of his. but when he really wants to do something after school, he prefers that way more. especially when it involves donghyuck in any way.