xiuying's ocean³⁰

"we should invite jaemin to come," jeno asked his angel boyfriend hopefully. "even just for a day. i want to show him xiuying's ocean."

"of course you do," renjun picked another book off the shelf, looking away from the cover to smile at jeno. "but i don't want to get jaem in trouble again if he's gone for too long."

"he doesn't have to be gone for long," jeno retorted quickly, moving to lean against the shelf as renjun's eyes fell onto the book in his hands, looking at the cover to read it. he hadn't been looking for an exact one and picked at random, landing on a book about how to charm angels.

"plus my dad is going to ask anyways," jeno went on. "since we lied that he lives nearby in the same village."

"good point," renjun put the book back and reached for another one a row higher. "i guess we can go get him if he isn't busy."

"hell yeah!" jeno kissed renjun's cheek. that just made renjun beam brightly.

"you know, i find it adorable that you have to include jaem in nearly everything," the angel spoke, eyeing jeno again. "don't take that the wrong way, i guess i really don't mind at this point."

"i mean, he is our pretty boyfriend," jeno said with a grin. renjun just let out a chuckle and checked the book's cover — a map of the world.

eagerly, he opened the book, being greeted with a basic title page before flipping onto a disclaimer mentioning the entire map's labels had been written in the old language instead of the modern language. flipping to the next two brought him to the actual map.

it covered it all, the shapes of the mainland and the several islands drawn perfectly and accurate. using his decent knowledge of the old language, renjun was able to translate.

the main palace rested on the mainland, or in other words, a land of two connected worlds, referring to how angels and demon met and became one big society. next was min island, which was more water than actual land, then fen island, which most of the off-mainland spices come from —

"i literally can't read any of that," jeno squinted at the map in the book.

renjun rolled his eyes. "pay attention to your teacher during old language lessons then," he said before pointing and reading. "the mainland, or a land of two connected worlds, min island, fen island, an island of white rocks — "

once more, he got cut off, hearing someone push open the two doors that led into the library; shin dal had just walked in, a bright smile on his fair face as he happily scrolled over, his shoes sounding against the floor.

"my little moon!" he burst out before addressing his son's boyfriend — not that they knew they were dating and were also with a human behind his back. "and renjun. i was wondering where i would find you two. better start packing, we're leaving in the afternoon!"

there was clear excitement reflected in his dark brown eyes. he was definitely happy to be heading back home to where he grew up. his usually black and silver robes were replaced with a simple tank top and shorts, the two pieces of clothing two differing shades of blue.

"say, why don't you invite your friend jaemin?" dal asked; jeno had called it. "i bet he would want to come, considering he lives so close by...."

"i bet he would love to," renjun said honestly. "i'll send him a letter to ask him."

"you do that then start packing," dal said, his cheerful mood persisting as he continued to flash his bright smile that was reminiscent of jeno's. "i have other things to be attending to at the moment. see you!"

with that, he turned on his heel and hurried out of the library, humming softly to himself. jeno watched his retreating back before whipping back around to say, "okay, when exactly are we getting him?"