along the beach³²

jaemin's feet touched warm sand again instead of the grass of yue's garden and his eyes saw the ocean off in the distance, the sound of the water returning and filling his ears, same with that smell that seawater usually carried.

"jeno!" heard renjun say in his scolding voice. "really? you're just going to leave them?"

jaemin glanced over and renjun had gotten ahold of one of jeno's ears with his other hand on his hip, like he did the first time they met in the grocery store.

"i mean, what are we supposed to do?" jeno asked, finally freeing his ear and reaching up a hand to rub it gingerly. "listen to them argue the entire time?"

"obviously not, but we could've stayed in your grandmother's garden," renjun shot back. "now they're going to be wondering where the fuc — heck we went!"

"don't be afraid, babe, just say fuck," jeno smirked. "but anyways, how isn't this any different from the time we left to go see jaemin?"

"i — " renjun frowned, clearly furiously searching for something to say back in response. he soon settled for, "our parents are always busy then and just assume we're off hanging out in the village. you have friends, i hang out with hendery and dejun, it would make sense for them to think that!"

"that's actually ironic," jaemin cut in, making both of his boyfriends look back at him. "complaining about deoksu and dal's mum having a row but here you guys are now."

the both of them suddenly looked guilty. jeno was quick to say, "sorry — "

"no need to apologise, i'm just pointing out the obvious," jaemin cut him off. "well, we're here now, what do we do?"

"i guess just chill on the beach obviously," jeno shrugged, walking off. his footsteps sounded before turning into splashing water as he reached the ocean, feeling the teal water run over his feet. "come on!"

"i'm not getting in," renjun said firmly as jaemin happily ran over to join jeno, running into his open arms. "i don't feel like getting wet today."

jeno, holding jaemin close to him, asked, "why not?"

"i just... don't want to," he said stiffly, staying firmly where he was standing.

"relax for once," jeno said as jaemin freed himself from his hug and moved away. "actually have some fun, ren-ren. you, like, never do."

"i so do!" renjun said defensively, crossing his arms across his chest. "i'm a fun person to be around!"

"that's all talk, isn't it?" jeno went on with a roll of his eyes to seem disbelieving, though there was clear amusement painted on his face. before he could say anything else, the angel stomped across the dry, white sand until he reached the wetter part and hesitating.

"come on in!" jeno said enthusiastically, happily grabbing his boyfriend's hand and pulling him in. in surprise, renjun yelped as he felt the water splash up onto his jeans.

"really jeno?" renjun burst out before kicking up water at the demon. jeno, happy he got want he wanted, leaned down to use his hands instead to get him back, getting his white t-shirt wet.

"i wanna join!" jaemin came back over, trying his best to run through the water, already splashing both of his boyfriends just by making his way over there.

soon enough, all they were doing was drenching each other in the salty seawater, their loud, cheerful laughter filling the air. as jaemin hugged renjun from behind and jeno proceeded to tackle the both of them, jaemin knew there was no place he'd rather be at the moment.