pure grey robes¹²

"nana! get up!"

jaemin would rather sleep longer, but his friend's persistence of trying to wake him up eventually worked. letting out a yawn, he sat up and stretched his arms. turning his head in the direction of yangyang's voice, he blinked away sleep to see his best friend's smiling face.

"huh — wha — ?" jaemin said, still half-sleep as his mind whirled with confusion and tiredness.

"remember when that taeyong guy said there would be breakfast downstairs?" yangyang said, now tugging at jaemin's arm. "c'mon, i'm starving!"

"alright, alright, let me get out of bed first!" jaemin said exasperatedly as yangyang basically bounced off towards the door of their room before grabbing the key and opening it. jaemin was the last downstairs, preferring to slowly make his way down to the dining area.

it was already full of people sitting and talking amongst themselves, their plates full of food. jaemin even saw the same muffins that yangyang had gotten from kun yesterday. having one sounded tempting at the moment — he should've grabbed one before leaving the room.

they quickly found the same table as the night before and already found menus waiting for them there before them. there were loads of things he didn't recognise off the bat but for the white seed muffins. feeling unsure, he decided to just settle on getting those.

"i'll get muffins," jaemin announced before looking up at his best friend. "what about you, yangyang?"

"i'll try the biscuits," he retorted. "i literally don't know what anything else on here is and i already have white seed muffins..." his voice trailed off as he looked back at the old-looking menu in his hands. "second thought, scratch that, the angel's wing cake sounds good..."

"angel's wing cake...?" jaemin searched for it on his own menu. according to the brief description, it had the white seeds from the flower mixed into it to give it a heavenly flavour. so those seeds were put with a lot of sweet things! "you can get whatever, i'll settle on muffins."

"okay," yangyang put his menu down before biting his lip. "i just thought about this. we haven't been home in an entire day. our parents — well, my parents," he corrected himself off of jaemin's look. "and your brother and his husband are going to be worried sick."

jaemin had thought about that, but it seemed to have slipped his mind the more tired he became. before he could answer him, he heard two loud voices from the entrance of the hotel mixed with a pub that distracted him. it was the demon named ten and that angel from yesterday.

"i have time to spare before work," ten was saying, happily basically attached to the angel's arm. "johnny, my boss is way more chill than you think."

"doesn't mean you don't show up to work on time," johnny pointed out.

"well, i let my boss' chillness give us time to spend together," ten retorted. "you, like, never get an entire week off and i'm taking advantage of it."

"alright... but you better go to work after we finish..."

"work! is that all you think about?"

"er — i feel like going home after today," yangyang tugged on jaemin's arm to get his attention back. "i don't them and our friends to worry long."

"fine," jaemin muttered and the idea would be the better thing to do since they just go unannounced — he had a strong feeling mark probably called his brother about him — but he realised he was definitely missing school and time spent not seeing daehyun's anger-inducing face was a blessing.

they waited around for a bit longer, the conversation eventually changing to what the old seer said to them.

"...someone i don't expect or something," yangyang was telling him, trying to recall her exact words. "will i not expect dongwon?"