two of them²⁶

"what?"

jaemin couldn't believe his ears, yet he definitely wanted to hear those words. though, it did take awhile for it to fully sink in — both renjun and jeno liked him. but a smile couldn't replace his look of utter surprised shock.

"that wasn't a planned confession," jeno muttered, making jaemin look at him. "i guess i liked you since the first meeting. love at first sight is true. my attraction only grew when you said you were a rebel."

jaemin remembered that. he had been completely lying. he figures cheating off someone else's paper for a test and having two fights with daehyun doesn't really make him a rebel in actuality.

"i knew you were lying," jeno went on with a shrug. "well, i had a feeling. but you're so cute so i acted like i actually believed you."

jaemin frowned. "damn."

"you're nice to be around," renjun added, his already bright eyes seemingly glowing in the sunlight. "it's like... you light up my world, jaem."

"our world," jeno corrected him. "just think about it... us three together as a couple. wouldn't that be nice?"

jaemin didn't even have to think to say, "yeah, it really would."

jaemin doesn't exactly remember all the details, all the other words that were said in that moment following their confession after seeing the demon's and angel's bright smiles, but he does remember the feel of their lips on his.

renjun was softer, softer than feathers, letting jaemin lead it. but jeno was a fiery difference, kissing him a lot more fiercely and taking control. he can say they both had one similarity — they made his heart swell with strong feelings for the both of them, the type of strong feeling that made his skin tingle just as the touch of their fingers against him, the way their lips seemed to perfectly move together in unison.

jaemin was admittedly in a daze afterwards he and jeno had pulled apart, even as they sat down on the grass and looked at the stone that stood before them, still directing it's sharp tip towards the skin visible due to the trees making a circle around the small clearing.

his heart was still beating too fast and his face was still flushed a vivid red colour, but he could definitely smile. renjun and jeno had moved closer, pressing their warmth right up against either side of him. he liked it. he likes this in general — spending time with them was something he always wanted to do. maybe it would be possible if they didn't live in two different worlds.

"i can see it now," jeno suddenly said, cutting through the comfortable silence as a light breeze blew by. "the three of us... wearing crowns on our heads."

"crowns?" jaemin echoed. "what are you trying to say?"

"you'll be royalty," renjun said quietly, glancing at the human, who returned his gaze. "since we are."

"oh," realisation crashed over jaemin like a wave. he then thought back to what dal said when he was obviously complaining about being a king. he had said that "you don't have time to yourself alone" and "everything is so rushed"....

"i don't know... won't that mean leaving this world?" jaemin asked quietly. a part of him definitely didn't enjoy the idea of leaving yuta and the rest of his family earlier than he wanted to.

"we're not being crowned kings tomorrow, now," jeno retorted quickly, his mind starting to drift to what qian kun had told him and renjun that day. "so, there's time to think about it," he reached out and grabbed jaemin's hand to squeeze it.

"we aren't forcing you," renjun added. "we can just visit each other's worlds when we get the chance."

"but i would rather see you every day," jaemin huffed. "and you can't just stay with me. you'll be rulers someday. i can't ruin that."