first day back⁷

jeno, wanting to avoid getting slapped again, drove back at a perfectly safe speed. after hiding his motorcycle away, jeno took jaemin back home. the demon purposefully held his hand again while teleporting, but jaemin didn't pay any mind to it.

"never take me on your motorcycle again," jaemin pressed the tip of his finger against jeno's chest. he looked down at it before looking at the human's frowning face with a grin.

"sure, next time we're out together, it's at a nice restaurant," jeno winked and it made jaemin's cheeks go pink. "though, i promise not to go on any more ramps with you."

"i literally said to never take me on a motorcycle ride ever again," jaemin frowned again, trying to hide his previous flustered expression. "i'd rather walk across loads of hot coals or something — "

"ah," jeno wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that. "do it without shoes. that's a challenge."

"uh-huh, i'll keep that in mind," jaemin admittedly couldn't hold back a snicker. "anyways, why do you guys keep turning up here? you guys, as you in and renjun."

"oh, i wanted an excuse to see you and take you on that amazingly cool ride and i figured you'd be here, which you thankfully were," jeno retorted, not exactly answering jaemin's question fully. "i'll be back in a few days. look cute for our date, okay?"

"excuse me?" jaemin stammered out before the demon disappeared with the usual cracking noise. the human shook his head as he tried to tell himself that those words didn't affect him the way they did, but as he turned around, he immediately froze.

there, giving him a wide-eyed look, was his friend, wong yukhei. he was clearly coming from school, since he was still sporting the uniform.

"oh!" jaemin let out nervously.

"who was that?" yukhei burst out, sounding terrified before speaking at the speed of light. "he just disappeared! where did he go? i've never seen someone do that before! is he your boyfriend that i don't know about? he was talking about a date — "

"xuxi, calm down," jaemin cut him off, which thankfully made his best friend fall silent, though he still looked like he saw a ghost. "look, it's a long story. well, not exactly a long story."

"i have several questions," yukhei retorted at a normal speed, seeming to quickly calm down.

"and i'll answer them," jaemin finished for him.

"good," yukhei huffed. "first, you and that guy just poofed — " he made a gesture of an explosion of some sort with his hands. " — out of nowhere! how?"

"er... he's a demon," jaemin started. "and he has the ability to teleport places."

"oh," yukhei nodded slowly. he clearly had no intention of disbelieving what he had said since he saw it with his own eyes. "and then the whole 'date' thing. are you two dating?"

jaemin blushed. "n-no, not at all. he's just like that for some reason."

now that made him think: was jeno like that with everyone and not just him? though, he could totally care less.

"oh, i just thought... never mind," yukhei shook his brown-haired head. "so, who this demon anyways?"

"jeno," jaemin said quietly. "anyways," he wanted to change the subject. "where's the rest of the mystery gang?"

"mystery gang," yukhei repeated with a giggle. "at home. no hanging out today. though, just to tell you, chenle and jisung got assigned partners for something in science."

"oh, i'm sure he's thrilled," jaemin said sarcastically and yukhei laughed. "what about you?"

"oh, jungwoo," yukhei said with a small smile. "i was so relieved because the only other person was daehyun and some guy with asthma that i've never talked to. you're not back yet but i wonder who the teacher'll put you with."