bonus chapter³⁷

yun tapped his fingers on the dark wooden table of the coffee shop, biting down on his bottom lip as he waited for chen's response. looking down at his phone, his dark brown hair fell onto his face, his the things on his screen reflected in his brown eyes.

"is minhyun going to reply or not?" yun asked finally, breaking the silence. "i'm just going to head home if he isn't coming to see us."

"he's probably too busy snogging sungho," liu chen concluded, putting his phone aside. "he can't keep his hands off him and it's annoying. we can just go back."

"good," the young half-human, half-angel prince said, his smile appearing on his soft-featured face. "my parents are going to kill me if i show up any later."

"i bet," chen grinned. "we can go and chill with yonghui. he'll want a break from his five siblings."

"oh yeah," yun muttered. yonghui was the fourth child out of six, and yet his parents were having one more under the hope that it would be a girl. so far, they hadn't been so lucky. "let's go then...."

his voice trailed off seeing the entrance open, the most attractive person he's ever seen walk into the café — wong jungmyung. anyone could tell that he had angel in him by his light-coloured hair, but also just the certain angel-like air he gave off. his smile quite literally lit up the room.

he walked over to them as soon as he spotted them, yun feeling the butterflies in his stomach start to act out crazily, his cheeks pink.

yeah, he admittedly had the biggest crush on jungmyung. who wouldn't?

"hey guys," jungmyung greeted them. "how are you?"

"great," chen smiled before noticing yun's flustered state. he didn't seem able form a coherent sentence out of nervousness. "he's feeling the exact same way."

"that's good," jungmyung turned his pretty eyes on yun and he knew he was turning into mush right at that moment. "what are you guys doing?"

"mister lee minhyun didn't show up, so we're going back home to chill with yonghui," chen explained before glancing at yun again. "you're totally allowed to join us."

"only if yukhei and jungwoo let him," yun mumbled.

"i'll just text them where i'm going," jungmyung told him, pulling out his phone from his coat pocket. "i haven't been since last month when i went to see my great-grandparents."

"alright then," chen stood up. "i know you can teleport yourself, but it might be easier if you go at the same time with yun, if you know what i mean."

he sent his short best friend a wink and yun just went crimson in the face. jungmyung looked up from his phone after he finished typing and shrugged. "sure, that works."

yun stood up too, feeling his legs turning into jelly as he held out his small hand for jungmyung to take, which he did. soon enough, they were teleporting, the loud wind sounding in their ears and the feeling of them being forced through a thin tube came along with it. yun could feel jungmyung's hand still holding his, squeezing it comfortingly almost in fact, but soon enough, their hands broke apart when they arrived at yonghui's home.

chen was the one to take the led and knock on the door, being greeted by someone that clearly wasn't yonghui but one of his many brothers, xiaodan. "oh, it's you guys."

"yeah, is yonghui home?" chen asked.

"uh, yeah," xiaodan said. "he's in a bad mood though. yongnian accidentally ate his leftover white seed biscuits this morning and he'll snap at anything that moves."

"he does get like that," jungmyung snorted. xiaodan smiled at that, his cat-like eyes glinting with amusement.

"i'll go get him," xiaodan then said. "i hope it puts him in a better mood, being with you guys."