The Last Stand

An early update as an apology for delaying the last one 🙈 This is a chapter I had written and rewritten a lot of times and even though I am still unsatisfied with how it turned out to be... I know I have tried my best at least.

Thank you so so much for each and everyone reading this, coz if you have reached until here...you have all my love and respect ❤ your support is priceless 😘

****************

The two-hour journey felt like twenty decades for Dec and as the car stopped in front of an abandoned car garage, he had to call in all his strength to stay seated in the car, instead of sprinting into the building calling out for Ant.

He will be fine... they want him for his signature... so he will be fine...

He looks around hopefully and the frown upon Dorian's face told him something was wrong.

Kristen: "What is it?"

Dorian: "I don't know...but something...is wrong in here"

Kristen: "What do you mean?"

They climb out of the car anxious, which only increased as Greg joined them, with a frown of his own.

Dorian: "Greg, are you sure this is the place?"

Greg: "Of course it is. I have been using this for years! But..."

Roger: "But what?"

Greg: "I can't find anyone here. My people must be here and I can't find anybody outside"

Mr. Douglas: "What do you mean by that?"

Greg: "I don't know... they must be inside?"

Dorian: "Are you sure?"

Dec: "We would know once we get in! What are we waiting for?"

Greg: "Yeah, come in"

Greg: "It is, my people must be here... let's look inside, he is in there"

Dec bites his lips in anticipation as Dorian thought for a second before nodding at them. Once the decision was made, they follow Greg into the apparently desolated building and into the spacious hallway which was dark and damp.

However as Greg switched the lights on and the room filled with warm light, Dec felt his knees buckling in both fear and relief.

Because tied to a chair at one end of the room was Ant, in his white dress shirt and black trousers, smeared in dust and blood...  smiling at them.

Ant: "You all took time"

Dec's heart skips a beat as he took in the form of his lover, the messy hair, split lips, and bruised temple.

Ant: "Hai, baby... did you sleep well yesterday?"

Dec raises his eyebrows at that question but before he can react to it, Greg cuts into their midst.

Greg: "You! Where are my people?! Where are they?!"

Ant rolls his eyes and turns to him lazily "What people?"

Dorian turns to Greg shocked as the former turned red with rage and humiliation.

Greg: "You bastard! What have you done!!"

He rolls his fist and hurries towards Ant who was looking too smug for a tied-up man facing his worst enemies.

Dorian: "Greg, stop!"

The older man stops and turns around in rage as Dorian walked towards Ant calculating.

Ant: "No fun" the taller man pouts, making everyone else anxious.