Ill and Stubborn

Rain was falling hard outside when Dec sat on the sofa, covered in thick blankets and looking at a cup of hot, herbal tea in disgust, all along trying to look as cute as possible so as to avoid the inevitable 'I told you so'

Dec: "Don't want it..." He whines

Ant rolls his eyes and sits beside him.

Ant: "Yeah,you do. Drink it"

Dec shakes his head at that

Ant: "Drink it, Dec. Mrs Dennis told me to prepare this. It's good"

Dec shakes his head again and then sneezes hard. Ant sighs.

Ant: "You are heating up, Dec. You won't be able to move if we don't bring it down!"

Dec: "It stinks" he sniffles.

Ant: "Of course, it does. Stop being so stubborn"

Dec holds the blanket closer to him, trying to bring in the puppy eyes he has been perfecting for the last few hours. But Ant wasn't having any of that.

Ant: "Drink this, Declan! You should have thought about this before you-'

Suddenly Dec puts his fingers inside his ears and starts singing "La la ..lala..la" * and sneezes.

Ant looks at him gobsmacked, trying so hard to glare at him but failing miserably seeing the adorable sight before him. So he takes the final weapon in his stock.

Ant: "Alright then. Talk to me only if you drink this"

He stands up and walks to the kitchen and Dec turns around to glare at him through the kitchen pass-through window. Ant was cutting some vegetables and completely avoiding Dec.

Dec: "It's not fair" he croakes and Ant looks up to see the brown hair poking amidst the blanket, and with it a teary eyed, red nosed, pouting face.

Ant just turns his head away and starts boiling the pieces.

Dec: "So what? You going to ignore me for the rest of our lives?"

Dec: "I know you can hear me"

Dec: "I won't eat anything" he sniffles

Dec: "You gonna say something?"

Dec: "Oh is it so, then I am also not talking to you"

Dec: "And I mean it"

Ant just kept on cooking the broth and he would be lying if he said that he didn't find Dec's stubborn nature adorable. It was like having a ten year old and Ant was enjoying Dec's pouting face more and more.

Suddenly he hears a thud and looks up concerned to see the empty tea cup on the coffee table next to the sofa, Dec's hands around it and his face crunched in disgust.

Dec: "I have had it. Ugg"

A wide, smug grin grows on Ant's face as he turns the knob off and walks to the living room. Dec was full-on pouting at him. Ant leans down and places his lips on the messy brown hair and Dec coughs.

Ant: "How are you feeling?"

Dec just out his tongue "It's tastes bad"

Ant rolls his eyes "Come on, lie down. I will bring your food soon"

Ant returns with Dec's food after a few minutes later and Dec was still on the sofa, cuddled inside the blanket, his teeth chattering.

Ant: "You feeling cold?"

Dec nods tiredly and Ant tucks the blanket tighter around him.

Ant: "Have this and I will carry you to bed"