Anything for Love

One Month Ago

Dec watches as Kristen walks out of his house, his head suddenly filling with plans and possibilities.

No, no, I can't be possibly thinking that. Why should I care? Of course, I don't. I can just ignore her and move on. But Ant...what if she does something else and he gets hurt?!

He closes his eyes shut as his mind threw thousands of memories at him. But every inch of those love and laughter was veiled as one phrase echoed all around his mind

A bloody darned hooker

His heart tugs at that and his head reminds him of Kristen's words:

We are nothing before him! He can never feel what we feel! Never realize what we are going through...

His heart gives out another lurch as Ant's voice once again echoed around his head: It's just a word, Declan!

It's not just a word!!!

Dec feels his head pounding and sits heavily in the chair Kristen was sitting on, torn as to what to do. I cannot go back to Ant! After everything that happened, I shouldn't. But I can't just ignore what I just heard! Someone is plotting against him! I know I shouldn't go and help him after what he called me but- but I owe him everything I am now. Whatever the reason be, he helped me become the person I am right now...and if I say yes to Kristen's plans, I will be able to find everyone who is against him and maybe... I can pay back everything I owe to Ant. I can be free... This is a great opportunity. I can't let this go... If I ever let this go, I will regret it for a lifetime. And I am done living in regrets.

Finally, making up his mind after what felt like a war between his head and heart, he takes his phone to search the recent call list to select Ant's number.

As he placed the phone in his ear, his heart was stammering twice its speed, knowing so well that if he does this, there is no turning back.

The call doesn't connect and he tries again before something struck him. His phone is broken! Wait, he has a spare phone in case of emergency...

Dec crunches his eyes shut as the memory of Ant slamming his phone to the wall affected him but he suppresses it down. He dials another number and his heart skips a beat as the phone rang...

And then the call gets attended and Dec feels his limbs weakening as a hopeful, teary "Declan?" is heard.

Ant was in his office as his phone rang and he was at first confused as to who might call him on the second number. But the name that flashed on his screen was like someone has punched the breath out of him. Dec?!

He has quickly grabbed his phone to attend it and it was after a moment that he got his voice to choke out a desperate "Declan?"

He waits a bit for Dec to reply and after a moment he asks again : "Dec, you there? Baby, you alright?"

Dec: "Don't. Don't call me that! When I said it's over, it is over Ant! And before you say anything else, I called you because something has happened and because here is something important that you should know... it's about Kristen"