Double Crossing

So basically I have hit a roadblock with Undeniable and need some time to brood on the story as it's going through an important transition chapter. Whereas I already have this development for Stay in my sleeves. So...thought I will update this first and then move to the other😬🤭

Song given: "Happier" by Ed Sheeran

******

Dec reaches home late at night, still reeling from the encounter with the black-haired man. Why can't he just do what I want him to!

Suddenly his phone rings and he takes in a deep breath before answering the call "What?!"

Dorian: "Are you up for tomorrow?!"

Dec grits his teeth at that "For the hundredth time, Yes. Why wouldn't I be?!"

Dorian: "Just... you know, he being your ex and all-"

Dec: "I got one whole month to get over him, Ian. I am fine"

Dorian: "Alright then, woah. Don't bite me. I will come to pick you up-"

Dec: "No, meet me at 9 in the parking lot of his office"

Dorian: "But-"

Dec: "Goodnight"

He ends the call and yet again sighs heavily.

What have I gotten myself into...

The next day Dec woke up early and unwittingly spends a whole hour just straightening his new suit, styling his hair, and making sure he looks well.

He hails a taxi to Ant's office and as he gets out of the cab, anger surges inside of him seeing Dorian waiting for him on the pavement.

Dec: "Told you to wait in the parking lot"

Dorian: "What's the difference?"

Dec: "Ant has direct access to the footage from here but not from the parking lot which is monitored by the security. He can buzz us out of he sees you, You idiot!"

Dec seethes angrily and walks towards the entrance while Dorian followed albeit hesitant.

Dorian: "Will he do that?"

Dec: "We are about to find out, aren't we?" He snaps

As they reached the security check, the man there tips his hat at Dec with a smile "Mr. Donnelly, Good morning"

Dec: "Good morning George, how are you?"

George: "I am fine sir, you have been away for almost a month"

Dec: "Yeah, had some important things to attend"

George: "It's good to have you back, sir. And this man is with you, I suppose?"

Dec: "Yes, I reckon Ali gave us clearing?"

George: "Ms. Astall is not in charge of that, sir"

Dec: "But that was when I was here. Who is my replacement then?"

George shrugs "None. I just send whoever who wants to see him straight to his office"

Dec: "Without a clearance?! You know that's unsafe! How is his security guards letting that happen?!"

George: "He..err he doesn't have any. He fired them a month ago...we don't know why"

Dec's heart skips a beat at that No bodyguards?! Damn it the fool!