Things Left to Tell

*Mild Trigger Warning*

Ant wakes up a few minutes later and his head buzzed as he tried to sit up. Suddenly images bombard into his head. The alleys, the darkness, the neon lights, the gunshot, the brightness, sirens, smell of hospital, a woman's voice "Why are you not yet dead?!" "Nobody should trust you!" "You are better off dead!"

Ant sits up with a gasp and sweat drenches his clothes. He holds his head tightly, trying to squeeze out the painful images. Suddenly gentle hands are around him, Dec's cologne and scent enveloping him. Ant leans to his chest and takes in a deep breath to wipe away those images...and as always they do.

He then feels Dec's hands caressing his hair and sits up fully. Dec looks at him with concern filled eyes

Ant: "Hey, I am okay... It was just ..."

Dec: "Ant, you panicked. And then you fell asleep tired. You woke up as if you have seen a ghost. What's happening?"

Ant: "Nothing Dec... Just a nightmare" a terrible one

Dec hugs him again and Ant pushes his face to the crook of Dec's neck.

Dec: "It was just a drill, Ant...you-"

Suddenly Ant pulls away from him and glares at him.

Ant: "Why did you do that?! Stephen is right! It could have got you killed!!!"

Dec: "It didn't!"

Ant: "Because it was drill! Those weren't actual bullets. But even then you could have got hurt! What were you thinking?!!"

Dec: "Nothing!"

Ant: "What?!"

Dec: "I was thinking nothing... I just acted on my instinct"

Ant: "Don't. Do. That!"

Dec: "What? Why not?"

Ant: "You will only get hurt Declan... Don't let me hurt you!!"

Dec's heart skips a beat at that What is he hiding?!

Dec: "You want to talk about it?"

Ant: "Not now..we..we are working now .. another time...I will tell you everything...but another time"

The work consumed them both for the rest of the day and Dec learnt a lot about Ant's schedule and his job there. It was during the lunch time that Dec got to speak to Ant about anything other than work.

Dec: "Don't order food from outside. Mrs Dennis has packed enough sandwiches for two"

Ant: "You sure?"

Dec: "Yes, Ant! Now come on, let's share"

He walks into Ant's office table and puts the lunch box on it. But before he can sit down, Ant pulls him to his lap and wraps his hands around him.

Ant: "Eat from here"

Dec blushes at that "Your wish"

Ant wraps his hands around Dec and places his lips on Dec's neck.

Dec: "I am having my lunch, Mr McPartlin"

Ant: "So am I"

Dec giggles at that.

Dec: "You okay?" He asks with his voice full of emotions.

Ant: "I am now..."

They eat the food in silence, occassionally stealing kisses from each other.