Presidential Suite

*Loooong Chapter*

-------------------------------------------

By the time it was evening Dec's fever disappeared completely but his mood worsened drastically. Ant has gone to do some important work in the office and Dec is now sitting on a chair in the patio, a blanket draped around him, a cup of hot chocolate in his hands, under the watchful eyes of Mrs Dennis.

She looked at him now and then through the kitchen window and had no doubt as to why he was pouting. A while later she enters with his cell phone.

Mrs Dennis: "Text 'im. It'll keep your mind at peace"

Dec shakes his head and sighs "No... I don't want to disturb him"

Mrs Dennis rolls his eyes "He call'ed me twice to make sure ya're okay. Do it"

She pushes the phone to his hand and as he opened it, his heart skips a beat to see many missed calls. Mostly from his mam, some from people at his office and one from Claire. Dec sighs heavily and decides to call his mam first. Two dials in and she takes the phone hurriedly.

Anne: "Declan!! How are you, son?"

Dec: "I am fine mam, was a bit busy"

Anne: "Oh kid, I thought you were angry at us"

Dec: "Eh..no mam, it's just... things came in and err...I was busy"

Anne: "Kid, I know you told me you and Anthony will visit us but would you mind if I come to see you once more?"

Her pleading voice tugs his chest but he wasn't sure whether he is ready for her fussing yet.

Dec: "Err..mam, we have a meeting in Paris in two days time... how about I give you a call after we get back from there?"

Anne: "That's fine son...that's fine...so how are things, how is Anthony?"

Dec: "He is fine..everything is fine..."

Anne: "Are you in your office?"

Dec hesitates for a second "Yes I am..eh.. mam something urgent came up. Can I call you later?"

Anne: "Okay baby, take care okay... and convey my love to Anthony and Mrs Dennis"

Dec: "Okay I will"

Anne: "Love you, kid"

Dec: "Take care, ma"

He ends the call and sighs heavily. He then opens Ant's chat box and had to smile at their recent exchanges.

Dec *Hai* he texts hesitantly

Dec waits for a few minutes and tears sting his eyes when he didn't get any reply

Maybe he is busy...or maybe he doesn't want to text me...he must have had enough being stuck with me all these days...

Suddenly he feels a presence behind him and a whisper in his ears "Hii"

Dec flinches and looks around to see a smiling Ant.

Ant: "Don't turn like this. You will pull your stitches"

He kisses Dec's cheek and sits on the chair before him. He has taken the jacket off and has loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves. The top button of his shirt was undone and the shirt fit him well and so did the shorts. And his eyes were trained on Dec who was sitting on the chair wearing fluffy pyjamas and Ant's oversized hoodie, messy hair and sleep-filled eyes.

Ant: "Why are you looking at me like this?"

Dec: "Like what?" He frowns

Ant: "Like you want to eat me?"